(Source: SAMCAR) – The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FAHFA) has announced that it will propose a new framework early next year for how mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will set their so-called G-fees (Guarantee Fees). These are the fees that the GSEs charge lenders, and some housing analysts have been concerned that a rise in G-fees could prove more costly to consumers, since lenders likely would pass the higher costs down to buyers. (more…)
Popular LoanSafe Articles
- What is referred status when applying for a mortgage loan modification?
- Can my HOA foreclose on my home?
- How long does foreclosure take in Michigan?
- Is it possible to obtain a second loan modification?
- How Many Home Loans Are There In America?
- 2nd Lien Loan Modification Program (2MP)
- What is confirmation from a mortgage company?
- Can the lender include late payments into the loan modification?
- Learning How a Loan Modification Works
- Can I get a loan modification if my mortgage is not behind?
Latest Mortgage News
- New 2018 FHA Loan Limits
- Current Mortgage Rates for Wednesday January 3, 2018
- PHH Mortgage Corp. Settles Lawsuit With State Attorney Generals for $45 Million
- Mortgage Applications Decrease Over the Past Two Weeks
- Current Mortgage Rates for Tuesday January 2, 2018
- What 2018 Tax Reform Means to Homeowners and Mortgages
- Current Mortgage Rates for Friday December 29, 2017
- November 2017 Home Sales Rise