Requesting a loan extension due to balloon payment

Zeus1

LoanSafe Member
We are dealing with SPS for our 2 loan, After, submitting paperwork twice because the first time never received it. Today we received a letter saying our modification for extension was denied because we do not meet the requirement:
our mortgage is not late
there is no hardship
We were calling every week, and they keep saying our application was under review. However, the letter we received today was dated 6/24/21.
Should I appeal this decision?
THanks

dksnj

LoanSafe Member
We are dealing with SPS for our 2 loan, After, submitting paperwork twice because the first time never received it. Today we received a letter saying our modification for extension was denied because we do not meet the requirement:
our mortgage is not late
there is no hardship
We were calling every week, and they keep saying our application was under review. However, the letter we received today was dated 6/24/21.
Should I appeal this decision?
THanks
Hi, When is your balloon payment due? I was in a similar situation. My loan matured in February 2021 and I was going to have a balloon payment of about 18K due, which I didn't have. I reached out to them in June 2020 and submitted the hardship form. It was denied for the same reason - loan was current and I didn't have trouble making they payment. I finally was able to talk to a super helpful rep who said I submitted too early and to resubmit the paperwork 2 months prior.
I was approved for a 5 year modification and had a trial period of 6 months, and I just made my 6th & final trial payment. I'll be receiving the permanent mod paperwork in the mail in a couple of weeks. Good luck.