The United States Department of Justice (USDOJ) had charged and arrested Scott Tucker, 53, of Leawood, Kansas, and Timothy Muir, of Overland Park, Kansas, this past week with violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) and the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”), that systematically evaded state laws in order to charge illegal interest rates as high as 700% on loans. (more…)
Popular LoanSafe Articles
- Iceland Sentences 26 Corrupt Bankers To 74 Years In Prison
- Can I get a loan modification if my mortgage is not behind?
- Learning How a Loan Modification Works
- Can the lender include late payments into the loan modification?
- What is referred status when applying for a mortgage loan modification?
- HUD Makes $40 million in Grants to Support Housing Counseling Organizations
- Can a mortgage loan company garnish your wages?
- Does a quitclaim deed remove my responsibility for the mortgage?
- HAMP and next steps in the battle of foreclosure prevention
Latest Mortgage News
- New 2018 FHA Loan Limits
- Current Mortgage Rates for Wednesday January 3, 2018
- PHH Mortgage Corp. Settles Lawsuit With State Attorney Generals for $45 Million
- Mortgage Applications Decrease Over the Past Two Weeks
- Current Mortgage Rates for Tuesday January 2, 2018
- What 2018 Tax Reform Means to Homeowners and Mortgages
- Current Mortgage Rates for Friday December 29, 2017
- November 2017 Home Sales Rise