The United States Department of Justice (USDOJ) had charged and arrested Scott Tucker, 53, of Leawood, Kansas, and Timothy Muir, of Overland Park, Kansas, this past week with violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) and the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”), that systematically evaded state laws in order to charge illegal interest rates as high as 700% on loans. (more…)
Popular LoanSafe Articles
- How Many Times Can a Loan Modification be Done?
- What is a car loan?
- CFPB Takes Action Against Co-Founders of T3Leads
- South Carolina Man Sentenced to Prison in Rent-to-Own Mortgage Fraud Scheme
- Mortgage Servicer Contact List for 2016
- Litton Loan Servicing Class Action Settlement
- How Are 401k Loans Treated in Bankruptcy?
- Can I Sell My Home During a Loan Modification?
- Class Action Lawsuit Against Household Finance Over Failed Loan Modification Promises
- Search for the Best Mortgage Rates
Latest Mortgage News
- Will blockchain technology save the mortgage industry billions of dollars?
- Mississippi Real Estate Investors Plead Guilty to Foreclosure Auction Bid Rigging
- Current Mortgage Rates for Tuesday April 10, 2018
- Wells Fargo Allegedly Facing $1 Billion Fine for Mortgage and Insurance Abuses
- Current Mortgage Rates for Wednesday April 4, 2018
- Mortgage Applications Decrease 3.3%
- Current Mortgage Rates for Monday April 2, 2018
- Iraq vet given home free and clean after US Bank foreclosure thrown out of court