The United States Department of Justice (USDOJ) had charged and arrested Scott Tucker, 53, of Leawood, Kansas, and Timothy Muir, of Overland Park, Kansas, this past week with violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) and the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”), that systematically evaded state laws in order to charge illegal interest rates as high as 700% on loans. (more…)
Popular LoanSafe Articles
- What is the official definition of HAMP?
- Low Mortgage Rates Make it a Great Time to Get a Home Loan
- Missouri Home Builder Indicted for Mortgage Fraud
- Still No Real Justice for Homeowners Caught in Mortgage Meltdown
- Judge Certifies Class Lawsuit of California Homeowners Against Wells Fargo
- Can I Lock in a Mortgage Rate for 6 Months?
Latest Mortgage News
- Will blockchain technology save the mortgage industry billions of dollars?
- Mississippi Real Estate Investors Plead Guilty to Foreclosure Auction Bid Rigging
- Current Mortgage Rates for Tuesday April 10, 2018
- Wells Fargo Allegedly Facing $1 Billion Fine for Mortgage and Insurance Abuses
- Current Mortgage Rates for Wednesday April 4, 2018
- Mortgage Applications Decrease 3.3%
- Current Mortgage Rates for Monday April 2, 2018
- Iraq vet given home free and clean after US Bank foreclosure thrown out of court