The United States Department of Justice (USDOJ) had charged and arrested Scott Tucker, 53, of Leawood, Kansas, and Timothy Muir, of Overland Park, Kansas, this past week with violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) and the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”), that systematically evaded state laws in order to charge illegal interest rates as high as 700% on loans. (more…)
Popular LoanSafe Articles
- Can the lender include late payments into the loan modification?
- What is referred status when applying for a mortgage loan modification?
- Learning How a Loan Modification Works
- How long does a loan modification take?
- Is it possible to obtain a second loan modification?
- Can I get a loan modification if my mortgage is not behind?
- Equifax: First Mortgage Origination Balances in 2015 Increased 42.9 Percent over Previous Year
Latest Mortgage News
- New 2018 FHA Loan Limits
- Current Mortgage Rates for Wednesday January 3, 2018
- PHH Mortgage Corp. Settles Lawsuit With State Attorney Generals for $45 Million
- Mortgage Applications Decrease Over the Past Two Weeks
- Current Mortgage Rates for Tuesday January 2, 2018
- What 2018 Tax Reform Means to Homeowners and Mortgages
- Current Mortgage Rates for Friday December 29, 2017
- November 2017 Home Sales Rise