WARNING to mobile and manufactured homeowners: Green tree does NOT offer refinance options for mobile home financing! They only service mortgages for this industry. So, please beware and warn your neighbors of  these phony websites and companies that claim to be Green Tree Financial or servicing on the internet.

This blog post will give you the tips and information you need to get the help you need from this company. Whether you need to refinance or you need servicing assistance for a loan modification, we can help.

Green Tree is a privately held financial services organization headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They service the nation’s largest portfolio of manufactured housing loans, as well as home equity, home improvement and consumer installment loans. They have service centers in Tempe, Arizona and Rapid City, South Dakota, as well as a network of field offices.

The assets of Conseco Finance were sold to Green Tree Investment Holdings several years ago. So, if you had a Conseco loan, your new servicer and lender is Green Tree.

Their Main Website and Contact Information:

Website: http://www.gtservicing.com/

Title of Website & Home Page: Green Tree Servicing

Phone Number: (800) 643-0202

Service Hours: 7am-8pm CST M-F    7am-1pm CST Sat

Address: Green Tree
  PO Box 6172
  Rapid City, SD 57709-6172

Mail payments to: Green Tree Payment Processing
  PO Box 94710
  Palatine, IL  60094-4710

Mail payoffs via US Mail: Green Tree
  Dept CH 9052
  Palatine IL 60055-9052

Mail payoffs via Green Tree
Fed X/Airborne Priority Mail: Attention: 9052 – Payoffs
  5505 N Cumberland Ave – Suite 307
  Chicago, IL 60656

List of phony or confusingly similar websites: http://www.greentree.com/ , http://www.greentreemortgage.com/, http://www.greentreeloan.com/

If you are current on your mobile home loan and need to refinance:

If your mortgage is held or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, you may be eligible to refinance your loan. You can find out if your mortgage is held by these agencies by calling:

Fannie Mae 1-800-7FANNIE, or visit www.fanniemae.com.
Freddie Mac 1-800-FREDDIE, or visit www.freddiemac.com.

Payment Information and Free Foreclosure Assistance:

You must educate yourself on all your options to avoid losing your home.
Your home is an important investment that you can not afford to lose. You may be eligible for Green Tree to assist you with your mortgage if you have a financial hardship.

What should you do in the meantime?

You should continue to make your scheduled payments on-time.

If you need help immediately:

If  you are delinquent on your payments or are facing foreclosure,  you may be eligible for a loan modification through the Home Affordable Modification Program.

You can start preparing to speak with a Green Tree representative now by gathering:

• Information about your income
• Previous year tax returns
• Payments on credit card balances
• Payments on installment loans (such as student or car loans)

The following workout alternatives may be available to you:

• Short Term Loan Modification of Terms
• Extending Delinquent Payments
• Assistance with Sale Costs
• Deed in Lieu
• Repayment Plan

If you want to keep your home, you have to do your part in the foreclosure process. You can help yourself by planning ahead and gathering the following documents prior to contacting Green Tree to discuss your options.

They require you to fax us these documents to apply for a loan modification.

• A letter explaining the cause of the delinquency.
• A copy of your last 2 months bank statements for checking and savings.
• A copy of your last 2 months pay stubs from each employer.
• A copy of your last year’s tax returns.
Be prepared to make a monetary commitment to submit at least a partial payment on your account.
• Please contact one of Green Tree’s representatives at 800-643-0202 today so we may assist you.

You may also be eligible for free foreclosure help provided by non-profit organizations approved through the Housing and Urban Development (”HUD”) . These counselors can act as a third party and watchdog to help fight Green Tree for the mobile home financing help you need.

You can obtain a list of the HUD approved agencies to assist you with your mortgage in your area by calling toll-free 1-800-569-4287 or visiting http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm.