Which mortgage companies are participating in the making home affordable program

Joe B

LoanSafe Member
Jan 16, 2013
If possible could I get a list or a link to a list of them. Me and my wife, like many other homeowners are stuck in a big mess because we've both been hit by getting the luck of getting our hours lowered at work. I've looked into the program, but can't find anything to specific. If anyone has any information out there on qualifications that would be really nice. I've read a lot of horror stories on this site about homeowners who tried so hard to get so much and failed in the end. Is there any possible way to succeed with these companies?

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Welcome and thanks for joining the forum Joe.

Yes we do have MANY members here who have been approved for the Making home Affordable Program (or HAMP) and were successfully able to stay in their home. Here is some of the information you are looking for and this should help you get things going.

Home Affordable Modification Program

You may be eligible for HAMP if you meet all of the following criteria:

- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- You owe up to $729,750 on your primary residence or single unit rental property
- You owe up to $934,200 on a 2-unit rental property; $1,129,250 on a 3-unit rental property; or $1,403,400 on a 4-unit rental property
- The property has not been condemned
- You have a financial hardship and are either delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage payments (non-owner occupants must be delinquent in order to qualify).
- You have sufficient, documented income to support a modified payment.
- You must not have been convicted within the last 10 years of felony larceny, theft, fraud or forgery, money laundering or tax evasion, in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction.

Link to particpating mortgage servicers: Contact Your Mortgage Company

Request a Home Affordable Modification

Start your application for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP ®) by submitting a complete “Initial Package†to your servicer (the company to which you make your monthly mortgage payments). The Initial Package includes:

If you need help completing your paperwork, call the Homeowner’s HOPE™ Hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) to work with a HUD-approved housing counselor for free.