What is the CalHERO teacher home loan?

cuteteacher

LoanSafe Member
Jun 12, 2019
Looking over some teacher home buying programs, I saw one listed called “CalHERO”. Under the listing is says some teachers may qualify. I am not exactly sure what this is as it also lists firefighters, veterans, and so on. What exactly is this kind of loan and what kind of teachers qualify for it?

B

Brad Yzermans

Looking over some teacher home buying programs, I saw one listed called “CalHERO”. Under the listing is says some teachers may qualify. I am not exactly sure what this is as it also lists firefighters, veterans, and so on. What exactly is this kind of loan and what kind of teachers qualify for it?
The CalHERO loan is for eligible school teachers, school employees, as well as for firefighters, paramedics, law enforcement, Veterans and active duty military, and nurses.

The CalHERO mortgage provides a reduced interest rate, reduced lender fee, and in some mortgage programs, reduced mortgage insurance premiums.

If working with a certified CalHERO real estate agent, those eligible will receive a rebate from the agent.