Trying to Settle 2nd with SLS

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
Bigfrog, I'm not saying pay pay. These guys are ACTIVELY pursuing foreclosure. I've had numerous cases where borrowers have listed their homes for sale, attorneys involved, NOS filed. All with SLS...and a few others with RTR.

The lien is going to catch up to you at some point, you know it, everyone knows it. If you want it to keep gaining interest or don't have the ability to do anything to get these guys off your back, that's the only option you have is to let it lie. In your case, you enjoy harassing the people on the other line with SLS, as much as I'd like to say they deserve it - they are human just like anyone else. Whenever I have conversations with SLS, they are professional. I would never, ever advise someone to call them and tell them to shove it. The more you piss them off, the more you're pissing off a sleeping bear...if you don't want to cure the lien - don't answer their call, block the number but don't call them, tell them to shove it and whatever other derogatory words/terms you're using. That's not going to get you anywhere.

Last edited:

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
This is exactly what Lenders want people think. Getting people scared and confused.

Do you realize what you are saying are confusing? Sleeping bear, that's some sort of joke to me. They are more like sleeping chicken. Why block them when I am enjoying it? What are they going to do? Yah.. they are professionally asking you to ask your clients to pay pay!! And it sounded like your clients are paying dearly. The truth is, the lenders are going to skin you alive if they had a chance. In my case, I am the awakening one, and I realize they can't do anything.

As for the interest or whatever fees that piling up, the higher the better. It would just mean that I have indirectly gained more.
Once again, if you or anyone has contact/connection with SLS/lenders, please tell them, "If someone asks or demands a foreclose, grant them one! Else they will tell you to shove it."

Reactions: Javagold

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
My neighbor just sold their house. Maybe my house is worth what SLS was expecting. But that's irrelevant. They are more than welcome to foreclose. Not sure what they are holding back on. I must be missing something. Or they must be missing something.. this is strange. very strange.

Wisconsin guy

LoanSafe Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great White North
Hope it was all my trashing with them that made them back out on some of you.. Someone like me gotta step up, and show them what is up. If no one stepped up, they would be punking you guys around like that one Erik guy.. Saying pay pay..
Hello all- Bigfrog, you had absolutely nothing to do with them "backing out", whatever that means. The way you are handling your situation is a completely opposite approach that I took. Whenever I dealt with SLS, et.al. it was on a professional basis, they are human beings doing their jobs, nothing more. To treat them any differently won't do anything to help your situation, they take notes of every conversation. Anyway, after several years of on and off negotiations I was actually able to knock out a settlement agreement, with the guidance of Erik, who, by the way, doesn't "punk" anyone. Was my deal a pennies on the dollar that some have been able to get years ago? No, I don't think those types of deals exist anymore, however, it was a substantial reduction of 32% of what was owed. I can afford it, got the second lien released paid in full and final, and most importantly this albatross is off my back. I wish everyone well and good luck with trying to settle, keep in mind that you are dealing with people, no different than you and I.

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2012
My neighbor just sold their house. Maybe my house is worth what SLS was expecting. But that's irrelevant. They are more than welcome to foreclose. Not sure what they are holding back on. I must be missing something. Or they must be missing something.. this is strange. very strange.
I am in total agreement with bigfrog. SLS are lowlife, liars , debt collection scumbags. I would love to hear your phone calls. However I don’t think they could ever be more disrespectful than mine. And I get bonus points as mine is A first mortgage. And still I would never be intimidated by SLS as they hoped I would be from the first time they tried to speak down to me. Never back down to these people. And Let them know every time you speak to them !! Just ask Noey what I say to him. He isn’t so smug anymore.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
No, I don't think those types of deals exist anymore, however, it was a substantial reduction of 32% of what was owed. I can afford it, got the second lien released paid in full and final, and most importantly this albatross is off my back. I wish everyone well and good luck with trying to settle, keep in mind that you are dealing with people, no different than you and I.
Just to clarify, they accepted .32 cents on the dollar, or you received a 32% discount to what was owed? Could you also potentially be very specific about the equity position, home value, and how long you had been delinquent? It would be very helpful to fellow members here.

Reactions: DRB