Trying to Settle 2nd with SLS

UnderwaterBlues

LoanSafe Member
Aug 13, 2011
Washington
True words of thought and logic BigFrog. That would be my main concern as well.if I tried to settle or work anything out with them now and housing market declines, trade war affects business profits laying off workforce to maintain shareholder profits and other similar impact scenarios then we may both be in the same boat again which is what started this whole thing in the first place. I’d like to get the monkey off my back but at same time if I gave them all I have and end up in same boat in a down cycle market decline with no emergency funds whatsoever then I’m in worse shape.
There is no real window of promise in this situation sadly.

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
I received a letter from SLS earlier in the year.. stating that the investor changed.. Forgot who they were.. some Trust.. But they, SLS is still the servicer. Last, I spoke with them, they made it sounded like they were going to foreclose. More than a month now. Either they chickened out, or need more time. I'll probably call them next week and play one of those rap music with lots of F-words in the background.

Wisconsin guy

LoanSafe Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great White North
I was working with Statebridge about a settlement, sent some docs (no financials) and decided to call to follow up.
Really nice people, no attitudes, etc. but very unorganized. I can't get an answer about a settlement however I was told that my loan is being sold again to FCI Loan Servicing. WTF...

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
I would be very careful with FCI. I briefly took a look at their website, and it looks like all they do is default & foreclosure servicing. Just thread lightly.

Wisconsin guy

LoanSafe Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great White North
I would be very careful with FCI. I briefly took a look at their website, and it looks like all they do is default & foreclosure servicing. Just thread lightly.
They have a Schedule of Fee's section on their website that lists a ton of things, one being Settlement, not sure what's going to happen but find it strange that Statebridge would give up my loan so quickly...