Trying to Settle 2nd Mortgage

Teddie

LoanSafe Member
I've been trying to obtain a settlement agreement on my 2nd mortgage for 3 yrs. Each time I mention settlement, they ask for my financials and I refuse.

Here are the particulars:

1ST MORTGAGE: Obtained in 2005 $140,000.00
Current Lien holder: Ocwen Loan Servicing (previous lien holders - Option One Mortgage, AHMSC, Homeward)

2ND MORTGAGE: Obtained in 2005 $39,000.00
Lien holder - JP Morgan Mortgage Acquisition Corp. (previous lien holders - Opt.One, AHMSC, Ocwen)
Loan status: In default. Last payment made in 2009.
Debt Collector: Real Time Resolutions

I'm also trying to figure out why this isn't showing up on any of my credit reports. Why would this not be reported to the credit agencies?

Any advice on how I should handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Jzone

LoanSafe Member
I've been trying to obtain a settlement agreement on my 2nd mortgage for 3 yrs. Each time I mention settlement, they ask for my financials and I refuse.

Here are the particulars:

1ST MORTGAGE: Obtained in 2005 $140,000.00
Current Lien holder: Ocwen Loan Servicing (previous lien holders - Option One Mortgage, AHMSC, Homeward)

2ND MORTGAGE: Obtained in 2005 $39,000.00
Lien holder - JP Morgan Mortgage Acquisition Corp. (previous lien holders - Opt.One, AHMSC, Ocwen)
Loan status: In default. Last payment made in 2009.
Debt Collector: Real Time Resolutions

I'm also trying to figure out why this isn't showing up on any of my credit reports. Why would this not be reported to the credit agencies?

Any advice on how I should handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you did not file bankruptcy? Just stopped paying on 2nd?

What does your credit report say about the 1st mortgage? Current?

Your last payment on the second is almost 10 years ago. I would go to your county register of deeds and see if there is still a lien on the property. Liens, just like debts can be sold/transferred to debt collectors.

What dollar amount are you trying to settle the lien with?