Those Who Have Made a 4TH Trial Pmt.

luvmyhorse

LoanSafe Member
First of all, know that you are not alone. You did nothing wrong... we all believe you followed through, sent all your paperwork and followed their rules. Why do we believe you? Because we all did the same thing. I believe the governement is to blame. They gave the banks permission to stomp on the people. To use them, and squeeze every last bit of life out of them, then when they are at the end of the line, cast them aside.

You are just a cog... nothing more.. so work hard on not taking it personally.

Provide more information. Have you been in a trial? Have you made the trial payments? Were you behind when you started? Do you have any equity in your house? If not how far underwater are you? What state are you in?

I have actually been denied 3 times by EMC since the summer.

First time I got a generic denial letter stating missing docs. I had to call to find out what they were asking for. Turned out I had a lien (in 15 months no one at EMC ever brought to my attention), they wanted a letter of satisfaction. I got the lien cleared quickly, resubmitted a fully doc'd package including letter of satisfaction.

A month latter I get another denial letter. This time it says "failed to sucessfully complete trial mod period". Again I had to call to find out the meaning in the generic letter. I was told my wifes pay stubs were unnaceptable as income proof. (as if Im a mind reader and I should have known stubs from her employer were unnaceptable). I submit copies of cancelled checks going back 3 months as well as a letter from her employer.

Yesterday i got a phone call from EMC stating my mod was denied again. This time they say the dollar amount they would have to put to the back end of the loan is unnaceptable and they wont do it.

End of the line, choices are either pay up $40,000 arrears, sell my house or be forclosed.

I need real help on this. This has been a brutal process filled with lies and misleading statements from EMC. I did my part. I paid in full in certified bank check each month. I provided every doc they asked for as soon as they asked for it. Now they say being in the trial plan is no guarentee.

kungfufreddy

LoanSafe Member
I have been in the trial plan since July 2009. I have made all payments since then in full on time in certified bank check. I was about 7 months behind when I started the MHA program.

My loan is 280,000 and my house is worth 308,000. With the $40,000 I am behind with arears, penaties and foreclosure fees it puts my homes value less than owed. EMC said they were unwilling to put $40,000 to the backend.

I live in NY.

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Kungfufreddy.......Yes, I know fully what you have gone through, as I have been screwed with for over 2 years with Wamu/JPMorgan Chase. These idiots lie and make up anything to deny us.....first, with the Trial Mod, and now with the Perm Mod......deceit and lies is all I get.

I made 4 Trial Payments and then was told to stop, since the Perm. Mod would be finalized right away........yes, right....sure, whatever you say. It has been 6 months, and still no Perm Mod.

I have gotten fed-up with these scumbags, and this week I finally sent a 7 page QWR "Qualified Written Request", demanding that they provide me answers to many detailed questions. I wrote the QWR in two parts......the first part were questions regarding the original loan docs, procedures, etc.; and the second part were questions regarding Chase's lies and mistakes during this 2 year period of my modification process.

I see that the courts are leaning more and more in favor of the homeowner, and if Chase does not have standing or cannot establish ownership or legal right to foreclose, it seems that their best option is to negotiate a reasonable modification with me. Recently, WAMU admitted to losing millions of loan documents when moving document storage to Mexico. So, it is probable that Chase now has thousands of loans which they legally do not own.

From what I have heard, Chase will ignore the mandate to acknowledge receipt in 20 days, and most likely will just ignore my QWR. I will keep sending QWRs at the end of each time period, and they will be fined $1000 per QWR when I see them in court.

Good luck with your efforts.

olegirl00

LoanSafe Member
Greetings all! An update on my status. Day before Thanksgiving WF tells me I've been denied for HAMP because husband does not have income.
Freddy Mac (possible underwriter) won't consider my income toward modification. Not once did WF tell me that he needed to find a consistent paycheck within the 8 months we were "in review". Not once. Needless to say, we've set ourselves up for the forbearance agreement of a 3 month increased payment (which we can pay just fine) and a balloon payment of 11 grand at the end of March. They told us that we would be able to negotiate the balloon payment when the time comes.

Just wondering if my husband gets a job or somewhat of a paycheck within the next month, how would WF handle it ? Would they consider that as a good step toward fixing the mess they started?

THoughts?

luvmyhorse

LoanSafe Member
no but maybe you could delay the inevitable?

They also called me with a denial day before Thanksgiving. I think they plan it that way.

I was able to get the loan back in appeal, but I expect another denial the day before chirstmas...

Greetings all! An update on my status. Day before Thanksgiving WF tells me I've been denied for HAMP because husband does not have income.
Freddy Mac (possible underwriter) won't consider my income toward modification. Not once did WF tell me that he needed to find a consistent paycheck within the 8 months we were "in review". Not once. Needless to say, we've set ourselves up for the forbearance agreement of a 3 month increased payment (which we can pay just fine) and a balloon payment of 11 grand at the end of March. They told us that we would be able to negotiate the balloon payment when the time comes.

Just wondering if my husband gets a job or somewhat of a paycheck within the next month, how would WF handle it ? Would they consider that as a good step toward fixing the mess they started?

THoughts?

Victoriouswon

LoanSafe Member
I paid 5 trial payments and was turned down for a mod! they wanted me to keep paying (before I found out I was denied) but I refused! and then they denied me for NOT making the 3 trial payments I agreed to. Total mafia tactics! They suck!

luvmyhorse

LoanSafe Member
well said, Mafia TACTICS!

And yes they do suck!

UGH another Christmas with now peace of mind. Maybe next year will be better... after we are all homeless but not fighting this battle.

I paid 5 trial payments and was turned down for a mod! they wanted me to keep paying (before I found out I was denied) but I refused! and then they denied me for NOT making the 3 trial payments I agreed to. Total mafia tactics! They suck!

donna0811

LoanSafe Member
Help with Suntrust 2nd mortgage

Just received a letter from Suntrust telling me they want to help me. I am only 1 month late on my payment. It is a form letter and states they may be willing to accept less than the total amount owed. Since it has only been 1 month should I call them or should I let it go longer in hopes they might be willing to settle for less later. I owe 39,000 at 8.375%. Any advice would be appreciated. I believe my home is under water by more than what I now owe Suntrust. Does that make the 2nd unsecured?