They lie they lie they lie!!!!

elpjohnson

Successful Homeowner / Loan Safe Guide
Dec 17, 2007
Gold Country, Northern California
I just called Homeward and found out they lied to me about a February sale date! The customer service representative said that there was in fact no sale date set. So they were just trying to scare us into a repayment plan that we definitely cannot afford! What a bunch of scumbags! I'm relieved. Now, I can get my mod paperwork done and submitted. Called a bk/real estate attorney today to see what options we have. My husband is now on workers comp so we'll be losing some income....and so the fight begins!!!!

cheryl999

LoanSafe Member
May 8, 2011
I just called Homeward and found out they lied to me about a February sale date! The customer service representative said that there was in fact no sale date set. So they were just trying to scare us into a repayment plan that we definitely cannot afford! What a bunch of scumbags! I'm relieved. Now, I can get my mod paperwork done and submitted. Called a bk/real estate attorney today to see what options we have. My husband is now on workers comp so we'll be losing some income....and so the fight begins!!!!
Hi Elpjohnson, Yes they do lie and lie and lie.... I am 7 months behind and a few weeks ago I was told by them that I had a sale date in February. However, California Foreclosure law states a NOD needs to be filed in the county recorders office where the property is located and that;s when foreclosure proceedings begin. 90 days from the date of the filed NOD is when a sale date can take place. NOT BEFORE. I hope this helps

I checked the records at my county recorders office and they have not filed anything, no assignments, no NOD so they cannot legally sell my home in February.

Good luck with the modification process, I hope it all goes well and you get payments you can afford.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Why am I not surprised:sick: Good Luck Erika!!!! I do hope that this time around things go much more quickly and smoothly for you.

elpjohnson

Successful Homeowner / Loan Safe Guide
Dec 17, 2007
Gold Country, Northern California
Thanks cheryl999 and cat for your responses. I am now realizing that services do anything to railroad a homeowner out of money! Just pure ridiculousness. I'm now going to research everything they tell me! Hopefully, I can get all the paperwork done this weekend so I can request a modification on my loan. The great thing that happened to me a few months ago is that my second went unsecured and they've been trying to settle with me. However, if I had the money for a settlement, I'd be able to pay my mortgage. Smh.

KimberlyS

LoanSafe Member
Jun 30, 2012
Not only do they lie, "they" are not forthcoming with any kind of detailed information!