Sticky: Up to Date Status on Chase Mods

Lourdes613

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
Almost two years working on modification, denied twice, approved for trial mod last March, made 6 trial payments. Approved for permanent modification on Sept. 13, sent in docs by Sept. 23, and was jus told last night that they are going to have to rework the entire modication and to disregard the approval documents and terms and to send in all new financials (2 months bank statements, paychecks, etc.). I am ready to scream.

jf1981

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
still under the chase loan mod review process,
10mo &counting...
and still sending in documents and still waiting...

(oh I have heard a billion times that my information and documents will soon be sent to the underwriter who will then consider us for the trial period plan).... Just heard today from my relationships manager that he is sending my docs to his manager today who will then send my docs to the underwriter within 15 days...

jf1981

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
Almost two years working on modification, denied twice, approved for trial mod last March, made 6 trial payments. Approved for permanent modification on Sept. 13, sent in docs by Sept. 23, and was jus told last night that they are going to have to rework the entire modication and to disregard the approval documents and terms and to send in all new financials (2 months bank statements, paychecks, etc.). I am ready to scream.
Did they give you an explanation as to why they had to rework everything?

Lourdes613

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
Did they give you an explanation as to why they had to rework everything?
They said they realized they had not received financials since July...ridiculous when you consider that was when they last requested them to work out the modification. I suspect they made a mistake in my terms and are using this as an excuse to buy time. I have been sending them financials for two years now and they had the most current financials.

Lourdes613

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
Update on Chase Mod Approval

Please read this article from our local newspaper!

3 Tri-State banks ordered to review foreclosures
Thank you for the article. Well, as an upate to Chase not honoring my modification docs, I spoke to a rep this weekend who confirmed it was nothing on my end; Chase realized they made a mistake and this is why they are having to rework my figures. She thinks they used the wrong principal balance, etc. when calculating my terms. She was very apologetic and cooperative and was requesting my underwriter and relationship manager please escalate my case as I was "crushed" at this new development. It will be another 45 to 60 days minimum before I receive the new documents. I really thought this nightmare was over and had put this all behind me. Beware, even after you are approved and sign and return your documents, they can still find more reasons to delay your case:(

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2009
Chase is doing the same crap to me........denied me 3 times and each time they admit to a "mistake" or "math error" on their part, but "once its rejected, thats it....all I can do is apply again". Then, I was approved, made 4 trial payments, and they rejected me again due to a false reason/mistake. I had them reopen the case this time, and I am 99% sure they will make up another excuse to reject me. I am preparing my docs to send to the attorneys working on the class-action suite.

Elitesrule

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2010
Chase Modifications process (left hand) vs. Chase Foreclosure group (right hand)

I have been working with Chase's executive resolution group since March of 2009. Long story short, it's now November 2010 and I don’t have anything completed and they are about to foreclose. I have had a minimum of 7 different "Reps" in the executive resolution group, I had this all wrapped up and set to be completed in July/Aug 2009 after I went back to work and made the trial payments. As of today I have been told by an exasperated Chase Ex Resolution contact flat out that this should have been completed in July/Aug of 2009 but the lady who at the time was my contact went on Maternity leave and when I called back in Sept I had to start all over. I have been told that the interest wasn’t accumulating; I was told that they would have our finalized packet to us on no less than 4 occasions. I have filled out 4 separate packets/requests for Loan Mods. This represents at least 500 faxed pages…We have been through the trial payment process twice. They have confirmed to me on the phone that my documents have someone else's financial information mixed in with mine; this resulted in my 4th request after being denied. It has been an emotional and physical drain, a nightmare of epic proportions affecting our health and state of mind for 20+ months now. I wish I had good news to relate, but I don't. I have reversed my Google searches to actually search for someone who has successfully completed the modification because I have come to the conclusion that you have the left hand of Chase not talking to the right hand of Chase and while one pats you on the back and tells you everything is ok the other is positioning the knife behind your back. Chase is right handed.....they want your house and they DO NOT want to do any modifications. They are playing a numbers game just like in the John Grisham movie the “Rainmaker†where they categorically deny all claims until they are forced to accept something. However Chase is too BIG to have anyone tell them to do the right thing with politicians in their back pocket. They told us not to send in payments because they wouldn’t accept them since we were in the modification process, they told us in the beginning (Feb/ March 2009 before the MHA was passed) that we had to miss a few payments to be eligible for the Chase Home modification plan, then the new MHA plan came out in March / April 2009 timeframe and they are still not doing anything. They record the calls, they keep up and notate the account when we call in, and they have our documents. All these documents would prove what I am saying. I wonder why they don't send emails?? The only answer I can come up with is they don’t want documentable steps in the process with provable timelines. Chase is without a doubt the worst excuse for a company I have ever seen. I have filed complaints with the BBB, spoken to my congressman’s office, the TN Attorney general’s office and the Consumer Affairs Division of TN, worked with the HOPE group, credit counselors and lawyers. It never ends; I am ready to give up. These people are robbing Americans of their home by denying them what they promise and say they are going to do. Believe it or not that is the short version….sad as it may be. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

amber1517

LoanSafe Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have been going through this process for 2 1/2 years. I was approved for a pretrial payment in July 2009 for three months and ended up making payments until June 2010 when I finally received the final loan modification documents. I couldn't qualify for a HAMP because I'm divorcing and my husband wouldn't sign the modification so they gave me a CHAMP (Chase loan modification). I returned the paperwork in July and after it was lost for nearly 3 weeks they located it. I made my first payment on August 1st of the new loan via EFT through my bank and the money was returned to my account a week later. I called Chase and they said the system hadn't been updated yet to receive my payment that way and to send the money via Western Union. I sent the payment via Western Union then a few days later got a call requesting a divorce decree. Since I wasn't divorced yet I didn't have it and the rep said no problem send it as soon as the divorce was finalized. On September 1st I started receiving outside foreclosure solicitations. I called Chase and was told they canceled my loan modification on August 28th because my husband didn't sign the loan and/or a divorce decree provided. I explained his signature wasn't required nor the divorce decree requested in the loan docs. She said my file was closed and I had to start all over. I've reapplied twice since September and keep getting denied and was told I can't reapply but when I talked to one rep that took the time to review my entire file, she said my loan should have NEVER been canceled because the divorce decree was only needed for a HAMP and I wasn't given a HAMP! She escalated it so now I'm waiting. In the meantime, I got a notice on my door that my house will be sold on December 21st.

Today, I sent appeals and requests to the following people and copied my local congressmember:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Chase Contacts:
Andrew T. North 614-422-6233
Theresa Scholz 843-673-3700 x4463
Diane Carlson 866-605-9253 ext3745
Rich Naylor Supervisor Escalation Department direct line: 904-462-3248
Harriet Cameron 843-673-3700
Carla Brantley 866-605-9253 ext. 3682 [email protected]
Charisse L. Calloway, Chase Legal Department (614) 422-2877 [email protected]
Huma Shera – Underwriter, 866-234-1243 ext 3225515 / 866-424-5326 FAX
Chris Gibson – Her Boss – 614-422-0953
Curt lapersky – Her boss – 614-422-2686
Executive resolutions – 800-848-9136 or 888-310-7995 / 866-282-5682 FAX

Executive Resolution Group
1-866-926-8937, 1-843-673-3700

Chase Loss Mitigation: 877-838-1882 ext. 52195
Executive Team: [email protected] (p) 1-800-242-7399

California State Reporting Authorities:
Patrick Carroll Consumer Services Office of California Department of Financial Institutions. [email protected] 800-322-0622
Louisa A. Broudy Department of Corporations [email protected] 213-576-7609

Hope you find these numbers helpful! Best wishes and I'll keep you all posted!

rimsdale

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2010
What's wrong with their general fax number 866-282-5682. I faxed my paper works twice this morning and got No response receipt.

ctjnicd

LoanSafe Member
Dec 2, 2009
Hi Folks, Just another story to add the the familar stories already posted. I have made 11 trial modification payments. They
said we got lost in the transition of new guidelines. At 9 months they asked for all the paperwork again, but to keep making the original
trial payments that were only supposed to be for 3 months. Underwriting got complete paperwork October 12, 2010 and as of today, no word back from them.....ugh! I'm a bit worried only because we have a new lien holder which we did not know--Deutsh Bank and I see nothing but negative things on the net about this bank. Any positive info or otherwise is appreciated. Going on 12th month trial payment this month.

zander

LoanSafe Member
Nov 3, 2009
massachusetts
Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on. I see nothing has changed....didn't really expect it to though....banks still lying cheating and sucking us dry. Quick update ...after more than a year battle with Chase a was denied hamp, but thanks to some of the advice I got from the people here I was able to keep my home....adjusted self employment income added a 'border', lowered expenses ...what not...anything just to keep my piece of dirt out of their greedy hands, at least I'll have the option to sell as we aren't underwater like so many others. Anger and desperation are great motivators if they don't kill you or drive you to desperate acts....I've taken Moe's advice...working on the internet...have a store opening within the month...there are so many other ways to make money but this appealed to me and I'm going for it....good luck all...look out for yourselves....connect with people who give a shit and will steer you in the right direction...learn something here..I did.

Lourdes613

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
Finally-Success!!

After two long years, Chase finally approved me for a permanent modification. I received and sent off the new revised documents and I actually just made my first actual mortgage payment. They reduced my PITI by another $100.00 and improved my terms by removing the balloon clause due upon the sale of the house; now it is just at the end of the loan. I did not want to post this message until I received the signed documents but thank God, it’s finally over. I know it’s not easy but please hang in there. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope all of you get your cases approved.

DJStands

LoanSafe Member
Jan 11, 2011
Southern California
Great idea! Two trial periods--one with Washington Mutual and one with Chase
16 grueling and exhausting months
Denied December 22nd
Appealing--determined they miscalcuated income Using HOPE to intervene and Mediate

DJStands

LoanSafe Member
Jan 11, 2011
Southern California
Hi!!! I couldn't miss this opportunity to tell you this. If you decide to let go--you can and will buy a house again. From the time of foreclosure it takes approx. 2-3 years to buy again. Keep in mind this housing crisis will never happen again in our lifetime. Buying the next time will be at the bottom of the market and perhaps more strategically planned on your part. Remember--the key to our economic recovery is employment and the housing market. The banks will want you to buy again! Keep your health and your dogs (god lovem') and know thousands are in your shoes including me. Please call HOPE a non-profit and they will review your case and advise you. They are not on the side of the Banks. Call as soon as you can 888-995-4673, they mediate on your behalf with the bank.

DJStands

LoanSafe Member
Jan 11, 2011
Southern California
I am with Ya! Been through the same thing. Have gone through everything you have. It is without a doubt the most exhausting and frustrating process I have ever seen. It is inhumane!!! If I could have been paid even minimum wage for the time I have spent, I would have made 6 digits this past year. I am still fighting the fight!