Sticky: Up to Date Status on Chase Mods

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2009
Noble......thanks for the link to your lawyer. I sent him/her a good summary of my dealings with Chase, and perhaps they will reply back. I think there are alot of us out there who have some good evidence against Chase. Now, if only we could get some Chase employees willing to spill the beans.

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2009
Noble.....Maybe I will be able to get your email address or phone number......your lawyers will be calling me tomorrow to discuss my case, as it may assist in your case against Chase. (How in the world do we share email addresses in here?)

LoanSafe Member
Sep 3, 2010
I'm glad I found this site. I started my request for a loan modification in January 2009 after my husband was laid off and we were only 2 months behind. We have been in our house for over 15 years. They started me on a trial loan mod for 3 months with reduced payments about May 2009 and I have made a payment every month since but they then denied me and now are saying we are several months behind since they consider that the modified payments we were making as partial payments. As I'm sure it sounds like everyone else seems to be experiencing as well. In Jan. 2010 I called the MHA hotline through Obamas website and was told i did qualify and to re-apply for the loan mod which I did. In June we rec'd documents to sign and notarize to return to Chase with a final modified payment, which we did. We complied with everything and started this new payment in July 2010. I have never rec'd any return documents from Chase that they were supposed to sign off on (and get me out of this black hole), that this was finalized and have been calling weekly to follow up. Today I was told that I was denied and the paperwork from June is no longer valid. Chase is horrible and they leave me crying most of the time because they are cruel to play with peoples lives and homes the way that they have been. They say they want you to keep your home, but that is B.S. I owe less than half of what my house is worth and they will make a nice profit foreclosing on my house and turning it over and selling it again.

I will follow up with the attorney listed and would be willing to join any type of joint effort to expose this "loan modification" scam.

LivingtheChaseNightmare

LoanSafe Member
Sep 4, 2010
South Orange County
I am speaking with an Attorney now regarding the run a round from Chase as I believe judges are starting to turn towards the Homeowner vs. the banks. There is contract law here and I respect that but Chase should be held accountable for bad business practices:
Unfair business practices<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Deceptive work out agreement<o:p></o:p>
Negligent mis-representation<o:p></o:p>
Breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing

Mortgages are products. If a product is created that hurts consumers they should be recalled.

I was working with Chase for over a year, called as soon as I ran into problems, first advise they could not help unless I was deliquent. Denied a mod 1st for too much debt, filed BK to remove the debt. 2nd denial not enough income. I respected this and my home was scheduled to go to Auction. (I don't really believe short sales help homeowners, especially if you have already filed BK, sadly your credit is already distroyed). Packed it up, sold belongings as I was going to have to downsize. Called Chase 2 days before the auction, anything I can do and and was told No. Next day, SURPRISE, I was approved for a temp. loan mod.(YES, I HAD HOPE ONCE AGAIN) Called to confirm all was good, yes "you just need to keep us up to date with income documents" after 3 months were up, called and advised all looks good, everything is on file, just waiting on the BPO, keep making the temp. payment. (YAY, THIS LOOKS LIKE IT IS GOING THRU). Called last week (3 months later) for update, "YOUR FILE HAS BEEN DENIED" due to the fact the delequency is too high. HELLO, IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE 15 MONTHS TO APPROVE THE DELEQUENCY WOULD NOT HAVE GROWN. The phone rep, advised, well you could have choosen to pay more then the temp. payment. When asked why some are being approved w/o income requirements and some with prinicple forebearance advised Chase does not do this. (oh, yes you do, I have seen it)
Received the final letter and it notes, denied "we are unable to create an affordable payment equal to 31% of your reported monthly gross income without changing the terms of your Loan beyond the requirements of the program". HELLO you approved me for a temp. mod based on 24% of my income, why? when this is not part of the program? The day after I called and told denied they cashed my Temp. mod payment. I also have received 3 letters in the last two days telling me, they want to work with me (sorry this is mis-leading).

Now trying to balance if I want to sue, if the home is worth it, it is upside down by about 200k. But I love it, it is my home that worked my butt off for. I don't understand why Chase/Wamu is not being held accountable, it is published they acted fraudently as did Countrywide. I understand since Countrywide settled this did not set a presedent. But out of that settlement came the NHRP program that is forebearing principal. But as I have been told, Chase is fighting this. The question is why when it could turn a non-performing asset into a performing asset?

I would have never thought I would be in a two year fight, but I my gut tells me not to give up. This is wrong.

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2009
11710.......You and I started about the same time.....I am ahead of you by 2 months (10/08). These Chase scumbags!!!! They sicken me as they do you. They have kicked me in the gut several times too, the most recent last week. After making 4 trial payments I was told all was fine, and the perm mod was with the underwriters. Then, I call in a few days later and the lying sleazebag tells me I was rejected the week prior......on the grounds that I failed to submit the documents they needed. I try to tell her that I faxed those back in July, and also mailed a hard copy, and she acted as if I was lying. She then implies that she is doing me the biggest favor in the world and would put a "request in to reopen my case" if I would fax all the documents again. (This is just a sick game, and I hope someday all of these Chase idiots pay royally for what they are doing). I rush out to fax the documents, got confirmations (again), and then I call Chase the next day. The idiot in Loss MItt first wants me to pay my 5th trial payment over the phone, before even allowing me to ask a question. He verifyied that the docs were scanned in their system, but said my file still showed "rejected". I asked if he would go ahead and "reopen" the file and reassign it since the docs were now there, but he refused to, and gave me the usual crap....."just call back in 5-7 days to check". I know 99% for sure that when I do, they will just say some crap like "once we stamp "reject", we cant reopen them". This is the 3rd time these a-holes have "rejected" my case and with no valid reason on their part. Damn crooks!

Today they sent some weasel out to snap pictures of my house as they drove along the road.....wench even took a pic of my mailbox. Is this an attempt to get a pic of the next house they plan to foreclose on?

What can we do at this point? Should I send a letter to the so called "executive team" to explain the abuse I have gotten? Who is the best person to send an email or letter to? I am so fed-up with these Chase crooks.

Hard Times

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2009
Noble........I was on a conference call with your lawyers and asked that they pass my email and phone number to you so you could contact me. Please reply here if you are willing to contact me to share valuable information.

chasepmt2hot-firefighter

LoanSafe Member
Jan 1, 2009
Don't think for a split second anyone from the executive group isn't corrupt. They utilize the best actors for this department. These "executive" people are trained to be manipulative. The best liars are in this department. If you write Dimon or Lowman, this department is where it lands. Again, do not think for one minute they are honest with you. You can't be employed at Chase and have an ounce of honesty, morals, integrity or self respect. Keep reading and watching National Television, you will witness what the "executive" group really is all about.

Mr and Mrs C

LoanSafe Member
Sep 1, 2010
Just a follow up.... So this week, I have talked to customer service who told me our file was still active and in Phase 2 of 5 in the approval process. This is the first time I've heard this story. We received our 2nd denial letter about a month ago (we've been in 2 Trial Loan Modificatoins) and they gave us a different reason for our denial, however, now they are saying that we did not qualify for the Making Home Affordable Plan, but we need to submit all the paperwork again (for the 97th time) to see if we qualify for Chase's Loan Modification Plan. But when I talk to Loss Mitigation or the Default Department, they are telling me that we were removed from the plan and that's it. Keep in mind we are getting different stories the same day, however, I can't get any department to accept a payment?!?

We met with our attorney on Friday in case we need to file Chapter 13 and we asked him if there is anything we can do and he said even the attorneys that Chase assigns to take care of their legal issues, cannot get answers when they need to respond in timely issues.

The more research we do, we are finding out that this is such a scam and that it's not a secret of what they are doing and they will foreclose on your home because it is insured, then turn around and sell it just to make more money.

They are not being held accountable for basically "lying and stealing" from the homeowners and that needs to change. :mad:

kmdane

LoanSafe Member
Feb 2, 2010
I am in California - beyond hell is what CHASE has put us thru - can we E-Mail the attorney listed with info for a class action? I will be having a suit filed - but until then - I want to join everything. Sorry to say - they can and will continue to get away with this.

LivingtheChaseNightmare

LoanSafe Member
Sep 4, 2010
South Orange County
There is no doubt there are law suits in the works. I did contact the attorney today listed above and had a great conversation but it is all in the beginning stages. It is important to talk with as many attorney's as you can to understand the options that are available to you and your situation. Once you feel you have found one that is working for you, then my feeling is what do you have to loose at this point.

I did create a discussion also, for anyone who actually recieves a mod, if they could detail it, that would help everyone out there to have data needed to use against Chase.

Also remember to continue to write to the OCC in the Treasury department - with your updates and lack of responses from Chase.

I also sent a copy of the OCC report on Wamu/Chase and the rampant fraud found to my local congressmen asking why is Chase not being held accountable.

Keep up the fight!

Mr and Mrs C

LoanSafe Member
Sep 1, 2010
I have created an email to gather information and we would like to create a STOP THE CHASE day where everyone will picket outside of their Chase Banks and invite the media to share our stories! What does everyone think??? It's a start to gain the public's awareness

Please email me at [email protected]

mcknighty

LoanSafe Member
Jun 14, 2008
I'm glad I found this site. I started my request for a loan modification in January 2009 after my husband was laid off and we were only 2 months behind. We have been in our house for over 15 years. They started me on a trial loan mod for 3 months with reduced payments about May 2009 and I have made a payment every month since but they then denied me and now are saying we are several months behind since they consider that the modified payments we were making as partial payments. As I'm sure it sounds like everyone else seems to be experiencing as well. In Jan. 2010 I called the MHA hotline through Obamas website and was told i did qualify and to re-apply for the loan mod which I did. In June we rec'd documents to sign and notarize to return to Chase with a final modified payment, which we did. We complied with everything and started this new payment in July 2010. I have never rec'd any return documents from Chase that they were supposed to sign off on (and get me out of this black hole), that this was finalized and have been calling weekly to follow up. Today I was told that I was denied and the paperwork from June is no longer valid. Chase is horrible and they leave me crying most of the time because they are cruel to play with peoples lives and homes the way that they have been. They say they want you to keep your home, but that is B.S. I owe less than half of what my house is worth and they will make a nice profit foreclosing on my house and turning it over and selling it again.

This is my story, too. My BK attorney just called me to report that my HAMP modification had been "denied because my paperwork was no longer valid." This is some bullshit.

My Chapter 13 BK has just been discharged so I might have to "refile" to save my home. My house is work TWICE what I owe and Chase wants to take it back to make a profit.

Martae007

LoanSafe Member
May 9, 2009
I've been trying to modify three rentals with Chase since last year. I've been playing the please resubmit document game, sent in over 500 pages of documentation, I've been assigned the the "Special Lending Unit" which was primarily handling rentals, then later told no such unit existed.... First denial last year was because they "could not determine if anyone lived at the house". Second denial was this month, because it is a rental. I submitted a loan workout proposal, the property is still underwater by 60%, and was told the proposal was denied because it is a rental and the investor is not participating in loan mods....... All they are offering is the option to either refi or enter into a repayment plan which would be higher payments than the original payments! How do you refi an underwater property??????

Does anyone have suggestions???

Martae007

LoanSafe Member
May 9, 2009
Good question, MHAP76. When the Chase rep asked me if I considered short sale, my response to him was, why doesn't Chase short sale the property to me. If they are going to take a hit of over $230,000 on the short sale, why not modify me........or sell to me???????

MHAP76

LoanSafe Member
Oct 8, 2009
Short sale must take place at "arm's length" otherwise all investors can just sell to each other and profit from it.