Sps loan modification

Vavouna1

LoanSafe Member
Hi..my husband lost his job during the pandemic. He is a school bus driver. I just received a letter saying that I am only available for a repayment plan which will significantly increase my payments to what they currently are. I refused their offer...what should I do next? Will the banks be offered assistance to help struggling homeowners during this pandemic?I wish they could lower my interest rate which would lower my payments. The letter says they can't do a modification because the npv results showed that the modification Is not in the financial interest of the investor that owns my account. What does that mean and can I fight this? Thank you.

Vavouna1

LoanSafe Member
Hi..my husband lost his job during the pandemic. He is a school bus driver. I just received a letter saying that I am only available for a repayment plan which will significantly increase my payments to what they currently are. I refused their offer...what should I do next? Will the banks be offered assistance to help struggling homeowners during this pandemic?I wish they could lower my interest rate which would lower my payments. The letter says they can't do a modification because the npv results showed that the modification Is not in the financial interest of the investor that owns my account. What does that mean and can I fight this? Thank you.
I found this article for anyone facing similar issues. I wanted to share to help people in the same boat as me.