Settlement And Damages

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I'm so sorry val4747, no one should ever have to bury their child. Your strength, is also an inspiration.

I am disappointed I'm not getting the chance to kick Chase in the head, like they did to me for 4 years. They went & sold me after years of torture, but I know you guys will do me justice.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Jun 2, 2008
My 2 cents:

I would think "actual" or "compensatory" damages would be something concrete, like the value of the property and expenses surrounding it, plus legal costs (house x 3 seems to be good start for value). Compensatory is enough to make you whole financially. Then, maybe add that if you are forced to file lawsuit, bank will be liable for additional non-compensatory claims of emotional distress with punitive damages as a jury see fit.

In any negotiation, like a job and salary, best to let other party say "a number" first. You could always request settlement case management and meet face to face to haggle it. Either way, they are gonna want to gag you if they settle.

Do a search and see if you can find some samples in how these cases are worded. PS - not an attorney and working on same

We vent in postings here, anyone close to us heard our tales years ago, our friends say we start sounding like lawyers, quoting regulations and violations. Many of us have had added family crises, health issues, not to mention damaged credit reports, clouded chain of title, money spent on the battle as months turn into years. Now, I need to give my proposal to Chase for settlement. After this long a period, how does one place a monetary value on ignored QWRs? On multiple loan mod applications with no response, on denials without cause, on attempts at foreclosure?On years of one's life dealing with this? What is the value of a year of your life? I would like to ask for concrete information you have seen with other homeowners or your own experience of placing value on these things which are beyond value. Silly, I know, but this whole game has been irrational, and the stress both emotionally, physically and financial is something others have no idea about unless you have been one of the people fighting for their home.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Jun 2, 2008
I think punitive damages on these cases should be equivalent to the value of the CEO's house!
Ever looked one up? There are usually multiple properties and the one they live in is anywhere between 2 and 10 million. ha!

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Sorry, guys, having a bad night, thinking about NeedhelpinPa. How did this world ever get so twisted??? Poor woman can't mourn the loss of a child & has to instead focus on the loss of a house?? What difference would it make if they would have postponed the Sheriff's Sale, by even one day? PLEASE AnnieMac, tell me you are making Chase pay! Please, someone make sense of all of this.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Patience Grasshoppers. This is all in process. Cannot speak to it at the moment, as you all understand. In time, though, I hope to give the details . What is another few weeks or months, when it has already been years, and they have been slow years. It is helpful, though, to hear of the coping skills of many people on the list. These are important stories to hear and share; what would we all have been able to do over the course of the last five to six years if we were not fighting to save our homes? Instead of defending our shelter, learning the intricacies of laws that were changed, legal terminology, keeping up to date on foreclosure cases, our lives would have had the space for creativity, for writing, for artwork, to do a better job at our careers, time to devote to giving to others, coaching soccer games, teaching skills, being involved in the natural environment around us, and caring for it, helping family members, caring for elders and children, taking care of our bodies through exercise and diet, not to mention relaxing and living more stressfree. A great loss of human resource has been a high toll. These postings are filled with mention of health crises, death of family members and even the homeowner, and repeatedly, the divorce of the homeowners. The criminal behavior of mortgage fraud has been detrimental to the nation, but the quality of life and human resource loss will be a toll which will continue to be paid in the generations to come.

OMG I LOVE HACKERS! Did you see the latest JP Morgan Chase news?

NeedhelpinPA.

LoanSafe Member
Feb 14, 2013
Patience Grasshoppers. This is all in process. Cannot speak to it at the moment, as you all understand. In time, though, I hope to give the details . What is another few weeks or months, when it has already been years, and they have been slow years. It is helpful, though, to hear of the coping skills of many people on the list. These are important stories to hear and share; what would we all have been able to do over the course of the last five to six years if we were not fighting to save our homes? Instead of defending our shelter, learning the intricacies of laws that were changed, legal terminology, keeping up to date on foreclosure cases, our lives would have had the space for creativity, for writing, for artwork, to do a better job at our careers, time to devote to giving to others, coaching soccer games, teaching skills, being involved in the natural environment around us, and caring for it, helping family members, caring for elders and children, taking care of our bodies through exercise and diet, not to mention relaxing and living more stressfree. A great loss of human resource has been a high toll. These postings are filled with mention of health crises, death of family members and even the homeowner, and repeatedly, the divorce of the homeowners. The criminal behavior of mortgage fraud has been detrimental to the nation, but the quality of life and human resource loss will be a toll which will continue to be paid in the generations to come.

I am going for 8 million.

Annie Mac

LoanSafe Member
Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
Still in process, maybe for a spell yet. Sometimes it pains me to read postings here. We do not need to roll over and be stepped on like doormats as the fraudsters enter through our doorways. Each of our circumstances are unique, but believe me, if you really, really get to know your paperwork, who the names are on the documents, what the names of the banks were, are, and yet to be, each of us has far more leverage than we realize. The fraudsters count on our attachment to our shelter as something more than it is, they count on our naivete of the secrets hidden in the cracks that they have kept hidden on purpose, they purposefully try to send conflicting information, stress us out, and challenge our health and ability to remain calm and cope with this. It has helped me instead of viewing them as a "bank" or "financial institution," to imagine them as masked gunmen from a cartel trying to rob me. That image is really closer to what they really are. Review your paperwork again and again. There were so many glaring errors made in the mad rush to get these loans processed, I would imagine most of us have at least half a dozen or more errors that would void the documents. Use the fury and rage to your benefit. It is normal to be angry and furious at what has happened, but use the fury to seek out the details on your paperwork, so at least you have full knowledge of what it is you are dealing with. Be sharp, be wise, and none of us are doormats.

Reactions: NeedhelpinPA.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
You are so insightful. Do I assume you did a little gloating the other day, when you read about the BNY Mellon lawsuit against Chase for $475million?

NeedhelpinPA.

LoanSafe Member
Feb 14, 2013
You are so insightful. Do I assume you did a little gloating the other day, when you read about the BNY Mellon lawsuit against Chase for $475million?

Woooooooo Wanda....Bank of New York Mellon Lawsuit against Chase? My trustee is Bank of New York Mellon.....

Annie Mac

LoanSafe Member
Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
wanda robo, Unfortunately, most of these lawsuits rank in high dollars, and it is a banker's game set in their arena. While they state, such as the 13 billion dollar Chase settlement of last fall, that 4 billion was to benefit homeowners, it really never does. The time to gloat will come when one of the high stakes lawsuits really is for our benefit. I have not seen it yet. But, poco y poco, time is our friend, and each lawsuit chips away at their fortress.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
wanda robo, Unfortunately, most of these lawsuits rank in high dollars, and it is a banker's game set in their arena. While they state, such as the 13 billion dollar Chase settlement of last fall, that 4 billion was to benefit homeowners, it really never does. The time to gloat will come when one of the high stakes lawsuits really is for our benefit. I have not seen it yet. But, poco y poco, time is our friend, and each lawsuit chips away at their fortress.

This one's for you, my friend.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-9-billion-witness-20141106

Reactions: Survivor_IN

Annie Mac

LoanSafe Member
Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
This was a great thing to wake up and read this morning. She is a woman who is kindred spirit. Right now, if I were her, I would be watching my back or having a team watching my back for me. She is in shark-filled waters. It is all moving in the right direction, just slower than any of us would like. While we are all treading water, we just need to keep singing. If you give a fraudster a piece of rope, it is just a matter of time before they will hang themselves. It is now obvious that Holder has been Holding a piece of the rope too.

driftwood

LoanSafe Member
Sep 17, 2012
While part of the problem not sure I can hang the blame completely on one man. The size of cover up extends deeper in my opinion and honestly I dont really care who to blame. I want to figure out how something actually gets done, how some of these people go to jail, how we get a real punishment and settlement where the banks actually bleed and hurt from paying for what's been done. It amazes me to see some people come to the defense of these banks. I actually had someone tell me the government shouldn't be holding the current banks accountable, they "acquired" the problem, like BofA that bought Countrywide.

Annie Mac

LoanSafe Member
Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
Of course, driftwood, no one is implying that any one person is "to blame.' Most of us who have researched the fine print and documents regarding our "loans,' know far, far too much of how extensive the coverup has been, and it has taken many persons, both in banks and government, county and state courts, title companies, and securitization, to create the deliberate coverup which has lasted so long. The raw deal, is those in government are employed by who? You and I, and those in positions such as the DOJ office and Senate committees investigating this, have gone back and forth between Wall Street and Washington, carrying the same agenda despite changing hats. They have failed as our employees. They get to Washington via Wall Street, and when they leave Washington, they return to Wall Street. The entire three divisions of government is broken and there are no checks and balances, and those employed by you and I to assure justice are in bed with the banksters. The real question, which did not come out in this article, is not what or why the DOJ did in the deal with Chase but why Holder recently resigned? What does he know that he wants to bow out of? Is there something coming down the pike he knows about? It will at least be far crazier than anything we could imagine in the threads of Loansafe.

val4747

LoanSafe Member
Jan 5, 2010
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

driftwood

LoanSafe Member
Sep 17, 2012
A good read, though it will likely rile up the anger in most, it did for me.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2014/11/12/when-will-this-administration-finally-imprison-crooked-bankers/

One of my fav parts:
"Chapter 4 focuses on JPMorgan Chase’s General Counsel, Stephen Cutler, who had been a very aggressive SEC Director of Enforcement from 2001 – 2005. Indeed, he championed the concept that attorneys, particularly in-house attorneys, have an obligation to report illegal conduct of their clients. But that was before he began earning over $10 million a year as Jamie Dimon’s consigliere. Now, Cutler aggressively argues that there is too much bank regulation. Is he kidding? It seems like every week we have headlines of new criminal investigations against JPMorgan Chase. How many different laws can these people break?"