Settle 2nd

missy22

LoanSafe Member
Started contacting RTR following the steps on here to see if they'd settle and release lien since debt was covered in chapter 7. First response to my settlement request was an offer to select a payment plan. I ignored. Then a mitigation application was sent ...which I ignored. Now just received notice that lien is being transferred to specialized loan services (RTR has held this lien for 11 yrs this originallywas countrywide...then BOA).

Is this good? Bad? Do I start again sending a settlement offer to them? What are my chances they will settle to release lien? I have not paid anything towards second. After bankruptcy (which included the 2nd) I was approved for the loan modification.

Original 1st was at 168k (kept current and balance is $124k) 2nd was for $42k now with interest they claim its $95k.
 

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
I would wait to see what they do and or offer because you just never know how they will proceed forward and it has been so many years already in a stalemate.

In my opinion, this is a new go-around where many of you will be the test subject to see how they will act this time as opposed to in times past.
 

missy22

LoanSafe Member
I would wait to see what they do and or offer because you just never know how they will proceed forward and it has been so many years already in a stalemate.

In my opinion, this is a new go-around where many of you will be the test subject to see how they will act this time as opposed to in times past.
County clerks office has bank of new york mellon...should my letters go there? Last time I attempted that it was returned...I do not have an address for them.
 

Jzone

LoanSafe Member
County clerks office has bank of new york mellon...should my letters go there? Last time I attempted that it was returned...I do not have an address for them.
I would contact the number on that letter. Less communication is always better, but at this point since you have a recent contact number, I would call and just say you are verifying who has the power to release the lien. Don't negotiate anything unless they offer first. If they do make an offer, tell them to send it in writing.
 
Top