REST Report "RESTReportMatters.com Forum Users and Results"

Michael, I emailed you earlier regarding my loan. Dont know if you received my email. Please advise if you received it. and thanks for your quick reply.

also, your November 7th letter says what I thought:

"your monthly income was determined as $800 and your monthly expenses as $1,613.00 resulting in a deficit of $813.00. This deficit could not be overcome by modifying the original terms of your mortgage. your ability to afford a modified payment is not supported by your income."

we need enough income, and yes a three way call can help i can do that for you or pete can.

Well, I am back. This thread is so long I doubt anyone remembers me.

Wow, what a crazy ride it has been. I am hopeful it is going to come to a happy end soon. Quick recap.

Fell a behind in late 2009 early 2010. Received letter from BofA saying I am eligible for mod. Started trial payments. Denied for lack of documentation - a profit and loss statement that I DID send in. I didn't know what I was doing at the time and should have taken steps to make sure they accounted for everything I sent in.

Found this site and this thread. Got the Rest Report. With a day job and a growing personal business, I figured I would hire someone to help me keep track of the documents and make sure everything was in order (Loanmodhelpcenter didn't exist yet - I wish it had). Got taken to the cleaners by this "Law group" and a couple of losers that were handling my mod for a few grand and was denied again. they never even used my Rest Report.

Called Pete up and explained what happened (boy was he pissed - they really do care and want to help and do not like the scam artists) and he connected me with a group they had just started working with. I worked with them for a few months and got a verbal approval. Was just waiting for the trial payment letter but instead got a denial letter - insufficient income!! Got on the phone and had BofA read me the numbers they were using. They were not even close! I have no idea where they got them.

The Rest Report Matters team got on the phone and eventually got me back into review status. I worked with Michael this time, submitted everything again, and two months later, I actually received my trial payment/ HAMP acceptance letter!

Don't give up! If the Rest Report Matters says you are NPV positive, and you can back up the numbers, you have a good shot. If you work with the Rest Report Matters team and Michael, and you don't get a mod, it probably wasn't possible. These are GREAT people and they want to help. Yes, the get paid to deliver the report (worth it) and if you use them to do the mod they get paid IF you get one. They deserve every penny. The number of hours they spent with me on this one - at least 200 - was just crazy. They probably lost money on me but they kept working it.

Anyways, Thank you very much Angela, Pete and Michael. Angela, meticulous budgeteer. Pete, just gets things done, master coordinator when needed. Michael, perfect professional, yet take no bull sh!t demeanor for dealing with these bastards and he knows the laws and pitfalls inside and out. I wouldn't have made it this far without you.

Question for everyone. Anything to be worried about? If I make the trial payments on time, is there any reason to think BofA will do something stupid and pull the mod? I have a second to settle - Chase is offering me a good deal - but I wont even talk to them until this is finalized, and I wont be opening any credit cards or incurring more debt. I have read about how to make the payments I am good there

Also a big thank you to everyone that participated in this thread. I spent a lot of time depressed and lurking. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences you gave me a lot to think about and some hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chessy

LoanSafe Member
Chessy, how was your experience with Wells Fargo? I have been trying now for over a year to get a loan mod, but no luck. I am still fighting!
Hi luckyscared; I so know what you're going thru! Wells Fargo is still a bit slow at times in this whole loan mod process... You're in great hands dealing with [email protected] Rest Report Matters & Loan Mod Help Center center team! They're the best at what they do & Michael will be there for you every step of the way! I learned to have to have a great deal of patience while dealing with Wells Fargo... But believe me when I say that you will see the light!! Take care!

glad to see alot of familiar names still checking back here on occasion to share their success because of what rest report did for all of us & I wish everyone here Oozze, CHERYLG, Cheri, etc a fabulous holiday season... We can finally be at peace with the trials & tribulations of what we went through behind us!!!
-Chessy-

Last edited by a moderator:

bigman

LoanSafe Member
hi CHERYLG55 I just saw this post and I thank you so much for asking how things are going. We just made our third trial payment and we are hoping our permanent modification papers come in early December so we can move on and be done with this. This forum has been such a HUGE help to me, I can't thtnk you guys enough for the guidance and support

I also want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving - How is Cheri and Bigman doing? Is it all permanent?

I have been busy spending money on my house - something I put off for like 3 years not knowing what was going on. I put granite countertops in my kitchen with tumblestone backsplash - looks terrific. Also painted my living room and kitchen. Changed out lighting in both bathrooms and bought new mirrors. Painted guest room and my daughter's room - WHEW!!! - I am so glad for this web site and everyone here. I am so glad it allworked out for me and everyone else. That is what I have to be thankful for this holiday season.

Bigman - Congrats!!! - you should receive your permanent papers my mid-December!! What a great Christmas present! Cheri just got her permanent papers so good luck to her, also!!

Jenks540 - things have changed from the past. Once you do all 3 trials on time, you should receive your permament papers which several weeks after that. That has been the case with all of us here. They don't ask for anymore paperwork, etc - Good Luclk to you!!!

I will pop back in but Happy Holidays, all!

Well, I am back. This thread is so long I doubt anyone remembers me.

Wow, what a crazy ride it has been. I am hopeful it is going to come to a happy end soon. Quick recap.

Fell a behind in late 2009 early 2010. Received letter from BofA saying I am eligible for mod. Started trial payments. Denied for lack of documentation - a profit and loss statement that I DID send in. I didn't know what I was doing at the time and should have taken steps to make sure they accounted for everything I sent in.

Found this site and this thread. Got the Rest Report. With a day job and a growing personal business, I figured I would hire someone to help me keep track of the documents and make sure everything was in order (Loanmodhelpcenter didn't exist yet - I wish it had). Got taken to the cleaners by this "Law group" and a couple of losers that were handling my mod for a few grand and was denied again. they never even used my Rest Report.

Called Pete up and explained what happened (boy was he pissed - they really do care and want to help and do not like the scam artists) and he connected me with a group they had just started working with. I worked with them for a few months and got a verbal approval. Was just waiting for the trial payment letter but instead got a denial letter - insufficient income!! Got on the phone and had BofA read me the numbers they were using. They were not even close! I have no idea where they got them.

The Rest Report Matters team got on the phone and eventually got me back into review status. I worked with Michael this time, submitted everything again, and two months later, I actually received my trial payment/ HAMP acceptance letter!

Don't give up! If the Rest Report Matters says you are NPV positive, and you can back up the numbers, you have a good shot. If you work with the Rest Report Matters team and Michael, and you don't get a mod, it probably wasn't possible. These are GREAT people and they want to help. Yes, the get paid to deliver the report (worth it) and if you use them to do the mod they get paid IF you get one. They deserve every penny. The number of hours they spent with me on this one - at least 200 - was just crazy. They probably lost money on me but they kept working it.

Anyways, Thank you very much Angela, Pete and Michael. Angela, meticulous budgeteer. Pete, just gets things done, master coordinator when needed. Michael, perfect professional, yet take no bull sh!t demeanor for dealing with these bastards and he knows the laws and pitfalls inside and out. I wouldn't have made it this far without you.

Question for everyone. Anything to be worried about? If I make the trial payments on time, is there any reason to think BofA will do something stupid and pull the mod? I have a second to settle - Chase is offering me a good deal - but I wont even talk to them until this is finalized, and I wont be opening any credit cards or incurring more debt. I have read about how to make the payments I am good there

Also a big thank you to everyone that participated in this thread. I spent a lot of time depressed and lurking. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences you gave me a lot to think about and some hope.

Thanks Jenks540! - if you have an issue just email me for an appointment.

I would take the chase offer, most likely, but let me review first for my unbiased opinion from other cases.

know that you will be permanently be modified if you make your payments on time and if you have an issue i will solve it.

-michael
[email protected]

here is a sample case resolution from the hamp solutions center for a buyer of the rest report matters loan disposition diamond package without service fees for mod service.

there is a lot more to this than it appears from this below, but believe me when i tell you, servicers screw up and you must not just take it.

guys at the HAMP Solutions Center (HSC) are fabulous they are very helpful as are the folks over at hopenow.org for preliminary budgets and we can help with any insolvency issues by emailing me below or calling in.

loanmodhelpcenter.com is not affiliated with any government or bank sponsored entity but we work with HUD counselors to fix issues such as the one below, using loan disposition analysis from rest report matters.

we don't charge for service fees for escalations like below, but homeowners do send us funds afterwards as a sign of appreciation, if they are happy with the results and know problem solving usually runs $75 to $150 or more per hour for cases like below when doing it hourly or on contract for attorneys.

HUD counselors could not do this below analysis and assistance on their own, they accept everyone seeking assistance and have limited resources to apply to each case, and do not conduct loan disposition analysis.

a version of this software for free is found at checkmynpv.org and you get what you pay for as we like to say, and its a good free estimator, not like our full blown software running at $595 to $1495 retail depending on accompanying service if needed.

The base software license is $150.00 to $250.00 for consumers and servicers running 1000s of their own pay about $50 for the software.

HSC can't solve all the problems but if you get a trial mod after having the issues this homeowner had for 5 years with Chase, be grateful.

Even they can't really push Chase or really tell them what to do and how to do it right.

I am happy this got worked out, and will be made permanent, but man, the story i am going to write will not be surprising to some on this forum but needs to be told, as this is not the only isolated case.

dates and personal information removed.

"Greetings:

Loan Number: xxxxxxx

Escalation Date: 10/30/2012

The HAMP Solution Center (HSC) appreciates the opportunity to have assisted you with your request for help in resolving your outstanding issue or dispute related to the Making Home Affordable (MHA) Program. We received a resolution from the servicer that we believe addresses and/or brings clarity to the concerns communicated in your request. The following is a summary of your case and outcome of the review:

NATURE OF INQUIRY
The homeowner’s counselor states that the NPV analysis was run incorrectly and did not produce accurate results. The servicer also recorded a default notice for over $8.6M, (this is not a typo, the servicer recorded $8,600,000 on title) when the mortgage is less than $500,000.00. The homeowner seeks additional intervention with calculations and incorrect unpaid principal balance.

RESOLUTION
Upon a careful review, the HSC has verified the servicer has reviewed and approved the homeowner for a HAMP Trial Payment Plan (TPP). On November 29, 2012, the servicer advised the HSC that the homeowner was approved for a TPP on November 4, 2012. The TPP terms were provided by the servicer as follows:

HAMP TPP amount: $2,544.55
First Payment Due Date: January 1, 2013
Second Payment Due Date: February 1, 2013
Final Payment Due Date: March 1, 2013
Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance prior to Modification: $2,969.16 :)
New Principal and Interest Payment: $1, 997.90
:)
Monthly taxes $345.04
HOI: $68.0
Shortage; $2,700.27 / 60 months= $xx.xx
Total Escrow Payment: $xxxxx

Next Steps for Homeowner:
Based on this information, the homeowner needs to review and if acceptable, complete the TPP as scheduled by the servicer. The servicer has also confirmed that no foreclosure sale date has been set. Once the TPP is completed, if the homeowner has any concerns they may contact the HSC. The Single Point Contact is as follows:

Contact Name: xxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 1-877-xxxxx

The HAMP Solution Center has closed the inquiry based on the above resolution. However, if you determine and have supporting evidence, that the outcome of the servicer’s review is inaccurate, I encourage you to contact us immediately so that we may provide further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you require additional information or clarification.

Please validate the aforementioned information with the servicer. If the information provided in this communication does not coincide with the information provided by the servicer, please contact our office at the number below.

The HSC strives to provide the best possible experience to trusted advisors who escalate cases. To meet that goal, you may receive a survey in the near future asking for feedback regarding your escalation. We encourage you to respond.

We also understand that you may be helping other homeowners navigate through various MHA related programs. We encourage you to refer other MHA related cases to the HSC so that we may help ensure that all homeowners are properly reviewed for all applicable MHA workout options.

Thank you,

HSC SuperAgent
Agent ID #: 1
HAMP Solution Center
P.O. Box 809006
Dallas, TX 75380-9006
Phone: 866-939-4469, Option 2 (you should call 995-HOPE-NOW or hopenow.org first then reach out to me if they can't escalate or don't want to escalate, [email protected])

This e-mail and its attachments are proprietary, confidential, pre-decisional, not for publication, and contain Nonpublic Information under a Financial Agency Agreement with the U.S. Department of the Treasury. If received in error, contact the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments. Confidential treatment required.

----
This message was transmitted from Fannie Mae to you in a secure, encrypted manner. If replying to or forwarding this message, it is your responsibility to ensure this message and content is properly protected.

Hello, I am new to this forum, and sad to say, dumb founded about all of this. I just entered by org. post today (Countrywide Bait & Switch, BOA modification). I cant afford a lawyer, but local legal aid involved, but really doing nothing to help. Been in foreclosure filed by Bank of NY (whom I never heard of since BOA was who my mortgage loan was thru) twice. My answer to the foreclosure suit was that I was a victim of mortgage fraud, they withdrew the foreclosure if I didnt go thru with the mortgage fraud issue. So I did. They filed foreclose again in August. Had sent in several modification requests from HAMP to DOJ. Everything was a huge mess....recently BOA said they would modify my principal owed, but my payments are still too high to afford? Are they setting me up for failure? I have done my trial period, but still no permanent modification? Do you know what the rate is on a modification? After reading posts, it was easy to tell you were one who knows what your are talking about. Any suggestions as what I should do from here? Sincere thanks!

Hello, I am new to this forum, and sad to say, dumb founded about all of this. I just entered by org. post today (Countrywide Bait & Switch, BOA modification). I cant afford a lawyer, but local legal aid involved, but really doing nothing to help. Been in foreclosure filed by Bank of NY (whom I never heard of since BOA was who my mortgage loan was thru) twice. My answer to the foreclosure suit was that I was a victim of mortgage fraud, they withdrew the foreclosure if I didnt go thru with the mortgage fraud issue. So I did. They filed foreclose again in August. Had sent in several modification requests from HAMP to DOJ. Everything was a huge mess....recently BOA said they would modify my principal owed, but my payments are still too high to afford? Are they setting me up for failure? I have done my trial period, but still no permanent modification? Do you know what the rate is on a modification? After reading posts, it was easy to tell you were one who knows what your are talking about. Any suggestions as what I should do from here? Sincere thanks!
vickimmommy - we do offer assistance for a cost, and we do sell a product and service. If you can't afford an attorney, I recommend our Platinum bundle it is cheaper and comes with customer support.

You can have a perfect scenario for modification however if the budget is not a "cash flow solvent" budget as opposed to an "insolvent" and balanced budget, to the widely accepted statistical norms and household allowances, you could be denied for having too much debt or excessive monthly obligations in relation to income, or having too much of a surplus.

You can save yourself time and a phone call by posting the following information or emailing the below information to

[email protected]

Please us this format only and let us know the urgency of your situation so we can prioritize scenarios depending on proven hardship:

1. Loan Balance Now=
2. Past Due if any=
3. Gross Monthly Income for Borrower and Co Borrower=
4. Mortgage Payment without taxes and insurannce=
5. Real Estate Taxes per month=
6. Hazard Insurance and/or HOA per month=
7. Home Value (check zillow.com or chase home value estimator)=
8. Investor (if you know, always check if fannie or freddie below
9. Other monthly debt payment total for credit cards and collections =

Does Fannie Mae Own Your Mortgage? Loan Lookup Tool- Fannie Mae Look up

http://www.freddiemac.com/mymortgage
- Freddie Mac Look up

Qualifiying for a modiifcation:

· Spending more than 31% of your gross income on PITIA or are more than 60 days past due or soon will be
· Having enough income to support a mod is critical, too much income and you don't qualify and too little you don't qualify
· No documented hardship makes getting mod more difficult as a mod is not a refinance

How your modification is figured out:

Calculate 25%, 31%, 38% and 42% of the gross monthly income. This is the targeted debt-to-income (DTI) ratio and is dependent on other debts for a total debt to income ratio of 55% to 65%.

Reduce the interest rate in 0.125% increments to find a payment that is as close to the targeted DTI as possible. However, the lender does not have to go below a 2% interest rate.

If the targeted 25% to 42% housing to income (31% is preferred for most servicers) ratio goal cannot be reached, the length of the loan may be extended to be up to 40 years long.

If the 31% goal still cannot be met, the lender can, but does not have to, start to forbear or forgive principle. Forbearance is done by Fannie and Freddie and other servicers as a last resort and means a specific amount will be due in one payment at the end of the loan. Forgiveness means that the principal and/or past due is written off.

-michael

Update. Made my 3rd trial payment on the first, received mod offer on the 10th! Sent the Fed-ex back yesterday.

2% first 5 years, 3% year 6, 3.5 the rest of the way.

Unbelievable. Seriously - will believe it and allow it to sink when it is finalized. I have read about, and experienced so many random twists and turns during this journey... I haven't celebrated yet

Other news - my 2nd with WAMU was forgiven. I received an unexpected letter approx. 4 weeks after their settlement offer expired. I didn't want to accept that offer while in the middle of dealing with BofA but was going to attempt to settle things with them if I secured the mod. I allowed for a mild celebration on this one :nuts:

Good luck to everyone!

Update. Made my 3rd trial payment on the first, received mod offer on the 10th! Sent the Fed-ex back yesterday.

2% first 5 years, 3% year 6, 3.5 the rest of the way.

Unbelievable. Seriously - will believe it and allow it to sink when it is finalized. I have read about, and experienced so many random twists and turns during this journey... I haven't celebrated yet

Other news - my 2nd with WAMU was forgiven. I received an unexpected letter approx. 4 weeks after their settlement offer expired. I didn't want to accept that offer while in the middle of dealing with BofA but was going to attempt to settle things with them if I secured the mod. I allowed for a mild celebration on this one :nuts:

Good luck to everyone!
That is awesome news, Congratulations! A permanent modification with a great long term rate and your second lien forgiven, can't beat that!

Hello everyone, new to the forum here :). I a got question, is the RESTReportMatters.com still accepting clients? I've been trying to get in touch with them for the last month through emails, phone calls, etc and I was never able to get an answer back. Does anybody know a similar company that will offer the same service or something close. I'd really appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction to find me a trustworthy company to get my report going. Thanks in advance, hope to hear from you guys.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, new to the forum here :). I a got question, is the RESTReportMatters.com still accepting clients? I've been trying to get in touch with them for the last month through emails, phone calls, etc and I was never able to get an answer back. Does anybody know a similar company that will offer the same service or something close. I'd really appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction to find me a trustworthy company to get my report going. Thanks in advance, hope to hear from you guys.
telaensarto - Did you specifically call & ask for Michael? He can be reached at 855/678-6690. Be sure to identify yourself as a loansafe member. Also when e-mailing Michael, be sure to address your e-mail to [email protected]. In order for him to help you, he will need to know your 9 inputs. Be sure to include the inputs in your e-mail or have them handy when you talk on the phone.

telaensarto - Did you specifically call & ask for Michael? He can be reached at 855/678-6690. Be sure to identify yourself as a loansafe member. Also when e-mailing Michael, be sure to address your e-mail to [email protected]. In order for him to help you, he will need to know your 9 inputs. Be sure to include the inputs in your e-mail or have them handy when you talk on the phone.
freedomwon thank you for the post! i spoke with telaensarto and learned his loan was originated in 2009 and looks npv positive and he would benefit from the rest report matters toolkits from [email protected] software if I need it getting his loan mod from bank of america and ginnie mae on this fixed rate loan.

I just wanted to post for anyone thinking of paying for the REST REPORT and/or using Loan Mod Help Center......I strongly recommend them....

My story would take much too long to post.........so i will not go thru all the details

Just know that i was behind 40 MONTHS (30+ when i hired Loan Mod Help Center) consider myself fairly intelligent and yet i was not able to navigate the modification maze that Bank of America had in front of me.....

I do not trust anyone to do my work for me, but a bit desperate and with a good feeling thanks to positive feedback here at loansafe , i had Michael become our middle man working on the modification with BOA......He spent many hours with back and forth, dealt with a few of my mini meltdown/rants of hating BOA (i still do !!) and was able to keep me focused and in line of all the many many many items i needed to fax to BOA via Mike......

I personally didnt think he would be able to get us to the finish line (only because of my distrust of BOA) but he always was positive and confident , that he/we would get that modification...........Well, yesterday we received approval of our Trial Modification and i believe it is a very fair , if not great , modification........Yes i am happy that Mike was able to help us get the modification......but i was more impressed with his professionalism and expertise of that is the modification system......if anyone is on the fence , been burned by another outfit or just desperate and out of options........i would suggest you call Mike directly and let him see if he can help you.......He will tell you the truth and will work to the end , if he thinks you qualify for a modification and not a foreclosure

i do not like posting feedbacks anywhere online, but this is one time , i feel that i should as i think it may help another homeowner (i get No compensation of any kind for posting this, other than a chance to say Thank You to Mike for his help)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I second that Javagold! Michael got though the craziness at Wells Fargo and got me a final modification after 2 years of them playing with me. My modification was just awesome. Michael is smart, articulate, busy, and if you get him your lucky!

That is really great news for both of you! Congratulations! I am so glad that Michael from Loan Mod Help Center was able to get you both approved for an affordable modification.