Received letter from law firm, reinstatement of mortgage?

walkin

LoanSafe Member
May 1, 2012
I'm not sure who is confused the most right now, me, the bank, or the lawyers?

I received an unsolicited letter from a law firm, said something like:
"we received your request to reinstate your mortgage, and it will cost blah blag blah, and that is good until next month".

I never requested such a thing, all I did was filed some mod papers. I've not received a nod yet. Is this lawyer letter a prerequisite to them filing a nod, or are they just as confused as I am?

I thought for a second to reply to their mail, with a hand written letter, saying "tell me how that title search is working out for you", lol....but I won't.

8 months no payment.

hangtough

LoanSafe Member
May 17, 2012
Have you looked up your name(s) on your counties clerk of court site lately? I started getting mailings from a lawyer and shortly after received a summons for foreclosure. I was able to hault preceedings until my mod was done (per Citi...this was on my pre trial mod paperwork so I faxed this to the lawyer). We accepted the new terms and lawyer filed a motion to dismiss (i.e
No more forclosure/case closed). Our mod process began in Nov 2011 made 3 trial payments march, april, may. Final mod complete late june. First payment July 2012. Lawyer filed summons in April.

But I had to do all of this myself. The banks don't communicate with the lawyers (mine had no idea we were in a modification). So definitely be proactive. Not everything is junk mail/bogus. I would call the lawyer and ask what the paperwork os that you received. Then tell them you are in the middle of a mod with the ank. Chances are they have no clue and will proceed accordingly if you don't tell them, more than likely.

Last edited:

walkin

LoanSafe Member
May 1, 2012
Thanks for replying hangtough. I check the court page a few times a week, no action yet. Just trying to figure out what sparked this communication, and where at in the process I might be....so I can plan accordingly. I probably won't communicate with the lawyers, I might get myself in trouble, because I won't have anything nice to say.

acesfull

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2008
NEW JERSEY
Hi Walkin

Did said attorney letter state that they represent the bank? Have you been serviced with a summons and complaint for foreclosure yet?

Best regards

Nj-20 Months
Acesfull/HWP

walkin

LoanSafe Member
May 1, 2012
Hi acesfull,
There is no reference to the bank in the letter, just the acct #, property address, attorney/trustee file no., my name, and the total delinquency amount, and they said they are responding to "my" request for reinstatement of the delinquent loan..uh, I haven't requested anything.

I think I remember receiving a letter from these people several months ago, maybe when I was 90 days late, not sure, but I trashed it. The firm does represent several banks in FC in my area, and I've seen where they are representing my bank too in some active FC's, so I'm pretty sure these are the people who will be/are representing my bank.

I've received no NOD, Lis Pendens, summons, nothing. Judicial state. I'm just curious what triggered this letter, or if this is what these people normally do before they actually file the FC complaint? Also, I had previously posted, that I believe there is a flawed/missing mortgage assignment, so I'm not sure if that is part of the hold up, or just the fact that my state is one of the hardest hit states, with a pretty good backlog of FC actions. According to the register of deeds, my bank has nothing to do with my mortgage. The bank who I initially got the mortgage from still has it, and there has been no assignment change or mortgage satisfaction. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but I'd assume it is adding to the delay.