Question About Missed Payment Due To Change Of Address Debacle

FedUp02

LoanSafe Member
I have a card with a well-known department store which I have had for many years. I have never missed a payment or been late on payments. We recently moved from one state to another and I contacted this store's main number to give them our change of address.

I had to call back to do this three times because the people I spoke with, for some odd reason, could not get it right. As a result, we have not received any statements since July. The person I spoke with on the phone today did confirm that my last contact did get the address, phone, etc. right.

I will be paying the remainder of the amount due ($130.00) this coming Wednesday, Oct. 28.
My question is: Can anyone tell me if this will affect my credit rating? As I mentioned above, my payment record with them has been excellent (one person I spoke with even mentioned it).
Thank you!!

FebUp02

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanJP

LoanSafe Member
I have a card with a well-known department store which I have had for many years. I have never missed a payment or been late on payments. We recently moved from one state to another and I contacted this store's main number to give them our change of address.

I had to call back to do this three times because the people I spoke with, for some odd reason, could not get it right. As a result, we have not received any statements since July. The person I spoke with on the phone today did confirm that my last contact did get the address, phone, etc. right.

I will be paying the remainder of the amount due ($130.00) this coming Wednesday, Oct. 28.
My question is: Can anyone tell me if this will affect my credit rating? As I mentioned above, my payment record with them has been excellent (one person I spoke with even mentioned it).
Thank you!!

FebUp02
I've been through that, as well. Have you confirmed that they reported you as late to the credit bureau(s)? How many payments did you miss, and by how long?

Given your apparent exemplary record, you can always simply ask the phone rep if they can remove any late fees/late reporting. If they say they cannot change what's been reported on the credit report, do a bit of research and you can send a written letter directly to the credit decision makers and ask for them to remove the derogatory mark as a good-faith gesture.

Its worked for me before.