Postive responses for NACA

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

NACA Answers5

LoanSafe Member
Jan 20, 2010
Please keep us informed on how we are doing as far as NACAAnswers or modification received by NACA, anything Positive we would like to hear

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
What IS positive is the help I got from Kevin Winn. I'm in the middle of my trial and do not know what is in store, but Kevin has always been a great connection for me. At the moment I feel that NACA has my back.

GottaMakeThisWork

LoanSafe Member
Sep 9, 2009
Michigan
This is a copy and paste from my own thread:

I just wanted to report some positive feedback about my experience with NACA. Not that I have received positive response back from my servicer, but just that I am getting responses back from NACA in a reasonable amount of time.

On Feb 10th at 2pm, I sent an email to NACA requesting some assistance regarding a conversation I had with my servicer that same day. At 4:30pm I received an email response from NACA stating that they would look into the situation the next day. On Feb 11th at 10:30am I received a phone call that read "Out of Area or unknown" caller. I almost didn't answer it but I decided to go ahead. Well it was NACA calling to discuss my issue. Honestly I was quite shocked by this response.

I spoke with the representative about my problem, which I have a link in my sig to the issue, she took down the information and followed through with contacting my servicer. I verified that by logging in and looking at the correspondence section to see what her email said. So I see that at least for me, I have been getting responses from NACA, which is what everyone who is dealing with NACA wants.

I did speak with the representative about loansafe and the amount of complaints in the forum about NACA. She said that she was very well aware of this and they are working on a solution. She acknowledged all the issues with the phone system and admitted that basically, NACA was not prepared for the overwhelming response from this load modification program. And that they are putting things in place to address this situation but it is not going to be an over night success.

She also said that the reason that many new people are appearing to get helped quicker than the older members is because NACA has learned from the mistakes of the older members. So they are going through huge growing pains with this loan mod process also trying to help the homeowners.

But the gist of this is that no matter what, YOU have to stay up on YOUR OWN case just as many others have stated here. NACA is so overwhelmed that they can't possibly be attentive to everyone so if you don't work to stay up on your file, talk with your servicer, fax documents, etc, that there is a high possibility that you can fall through the cracks.

Anyway like I said, I just wanted to report some positive interaction with NACA.

latrina

LoanSafe Member
Jan 23, 2010
I have been dealing with NACA since last October. I have never had any problems with them. They've called on every appointment and they have always been sweet to me on the phone. I'm currently in constant contact with a memberservices supervisor right now. Any question I have is returned in about 3 days max. I'm pleased with my service so far.

And I have a difficult lender - CHase. boooooooo!

labutterflyloca

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hi,

My name is Lea Dailey, and I applied for assitance with NACA in October of 2009, when NACA assisted me in submitting a package to BOA for a six month forbearance on my loan in order to keep me in my home. To my dismay, I believe that my case "fell of the radar" so to speak. After receiving the official foreclosure notice, after many unsuccessful attempts to get someone at NACA to take a look at my file, and after months of trying to navigate the system with BOA on my own, I came to Loansafe looking for help. I posted a little bit about my situation in the NACA ANSWERS forum, and also emailed a few NACA contacts that I had seen posted in the forums, and was immediately contacted by William Cleves from NACA.

William was very responsive. He was very understanding, and took the time to really review my situation, and made sure that everything was in order. On 4/27 we were able to submit a new package to BOA for a permanent restructure. With an auction date set for 5/13, it has truly been a race against the clock. Although I'm not able to claim ours as a NACA success story yet....I just wanted to thank William for the time and attention he has given our case. He has made a very difficult time a little easier on my family....and I now have a glimmer of hope (no matter how small...lol) where there was none before. This has been a long road for us, and I know that there are so many homeowners out there in the same position. And while they may not be able to help everyone....my kudos go out to NACA for the THOUSANDS of homeowners that they have been able to help!!!

So again, to William Cleves at NACA....thank you for all of your help!

Lea Dailey

abby_silvia

LoanSafe Member
Oct 29, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi,

I attended the August 2009 "Save the Dream" tour in LA - I stayed until 1am the Saturday they were there, met with my servicer, and was back bright and early the next day to talk with my servicer again. The staff at the event were wonderful. They very very patient, helpful, and a light of sunshine in our dark situation. I had been dealing with my servicer since February of 2009, and never got anywhere with them (IndyMac). NACA did in a few hours what I couldn't achieve on my own in months - get my modification application reviewed!!

NACA has only missed one of my many appointment (they called late and left a message on my answering machine, though). Staff have always been very friendly. I stopped by the Los Angeles office and the staff there were very helpful as well.

Thank you NACA staff for helping my family keep our dream of owning a home!

qikvixen

LoanSafe Member
Aug 17, 2009
Lancaster, CA
I posted the details of the final mod offer I received this past weekend in the HAMP subforum, so I'll just say that I believe NACA was instrumental to me receiving my excellent loan modification.

Thank you for helping to save my home. Specifically, I'd like to thank the NACAanswers staff here on this forum, Bruce Marks, and Hezikiah Porter. Without you, I probably would have lost my home by now or at the very least still be fighting with them to get on a trial mod.

alexisd

LoanSafe Member
Aug 12, 2010
I want to said. Thank you Naca,and to all the staff.In my case if i never take the chances and wait 24 hrs in a warm miami street,in front of the convention center.With 1000s of people.I never have my modification done.And there meet my bank,then 3 months after have signed my papers.And have a better payments for the rest of the mortgage life.All thanks to Naca.

Matrix97

LoanSafe Member
Aug 13, 2010
I heard of NACA and should have called them, but I went thru an Attorney and I am hoping for the best at this time. I would love to start seeing success stories for all us homeowners that are fighting to keep our homes.

VEEGEE

LoanSafe Member
Dec 17, 2009
I went to the Save the Dream workshop in August 2009. Left with no solution... not feeling very confident that they could help me. Was given a special forebearance, but never got the paperwork for BofA. Called Naca repeatedly for about 2 1/2 months with very limited reponse from... long hold times and advice to just keep waiting for paperwork. Found LoanSafe and started emailing every NACA contact that anyone listed. I was put on a 6 month homesaver forebearance and I am just at the end of it. Today I received this offer from BofA...

Current Interest Rate: 6.850 New Rate: 3.00%
Unpaid Principal: 302,390.02 (incl delinquent amounts) New Principal: 302,390.02 with $45,000.00 deferred
Amount subject to interest charges: 257,390.02
Current Payment PITI: 1970.60 New Payment PITI: 1209.11

I can't believe it... even as I head to notary to sign and get the acceptance of offer letter back to the bank... I feel so very blessed, but it does seem too good to be true!!!

Thank you NACA and LoanSafe!!

Makewaves

LoanSafe Member
Oct 7, 2010
Hi, Veegee, Congrats, I'm so happy this has worked out for you. I'm new here and started working with NACA in late 2009. I went to LA Convention center this last week, but have had a difficult time getting any responses from NACA recently regarding a solution for my mod. Where do we find NACA emails to contact them, this would be very helpful. If anyone else out there has this info, your help would be truly appreciated. Thanks for your reply

mikedonovan85

LoanSafe Member
Nov 22, 2009
trial payment

I wen ..
Current Interest Rate: 6.850 New Rate: 3.00%
Unpaid Principal: 302,390.02 (incl delinquent amounts) New Principal: 302,390.02 with $45,000.00 deferred
Amount subject to interest charges: 257,390.02
Current Payment PITI: 1970.60 New Payment PITI: 1209.11

I can't believe it... even as I head to notary to sign and get the acceptance of offer letter back to the bank... I feel so very blessed, but it does seem too good to be true!!!

Thank you NACA and LoanSafe!!
Was your trial payment exactly what you got in the mod or more/less. Does it have to be the same as thats what you afford. If they set this amount, and your taxes were to increase, would they adjust your rate down a little. wondering on how solid trial payments are

sdeniseed

LoanSafe Member
Jun 30, 2010
I just want to add that I've had a wonderful experience with NACA. From April until just last week, whenever I've needed assistance NACA has been there. I've just completed a trial modification and was trying to get my file submitted to Chase for a final review. For some reason Chase stopped talking to me and told me I had to go through NACA which is weird since I've been a NACA case all along and was able to speak to both CHASE and NACA. I am so thankful for Tony Chavis who initially pushed for my trial payments and now a special thanks to Arielle Cabral who is always there when I need NACA assistance. She's professional and always gets things done. She's just amazing.

Thanks to all the NACA staff for what you do. It's a difficult job and I can imagine how overwhelming it is. However, it's people like me that would have lost their homes without an assist from you. I can't thank you enough. Can't wait for you to come to New York so I can volunteer for your organization!!!

VEEGEE

LoanSafe Member
Dec 17, 2009
Hi, Veegee, Congrats, I'm so happy this has worked out for you. I'm new here and started working with NACA in late 2009. I went to LA Convention center this last week, but have had a difficult time getting any responses from NACA recently regarding a solution for my mod. Where do we find NACA emails to contact them, this would be very helpful. If anyone else out there has this info, your help would be truly appreciated. Thanks for your reply

I tried all I could find. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] . I also emailed some BofA contacts I found on this forum and I think that really helped. I stuck getting a limited response from NACA and BofA for months so I had to step up my contacts and sure enough I started to get emails and FedEx offers... The offer I mentioned was the one I accepted... I receive 3 one w/ a higher payment and one with a lower payment. This one works perfect for my situation. Good luck and just keep calling and tell anyone who will listen that you intend to keep your house!!

VEEGEE

LoanSafe Member
Dec 17, 2009
I was on a 6 month Homesaver Forebearance, so my payments were 50% of my payment $985/month. This offer of $1209.11 was just a little higher than what NACA submitted with my original package... that was $1157. The Ins and Tax didn't change... they just adjusted the P & I... I will have to pay that last 45k, when I sell or transfer title on the house, but I can deal with that. I think they are kind of creative with the way they make the numbers fit pretty close to what NACA suggests. I received another offer of a lower payment $1100 with 100k deferred, but having a 100k hanging over my head makes me kinda nervous, so I went this this offer instead.

I spoke to a counselor from HUD once and she said that the trial payment will basically become your payment. So she seemed to think it would stay pretty close.

Good luck!!

Makewaves

LoanSafe Member
Oct 7, 2010
VEEGEE, thanks so much for your response, and I do indeed intend on keeping my home. Thanks for all of your input, you are an angel amongst us. I'm so happy for you and wish so much luck to you and your family. Take Care

1bbkttj

LoanSafe Member
Sep 22, 2010
This is a copy of my own post as well - I LOVE NACA!!!

NACA worked for us!!

:D
Hello. We started our home loan mod with B of A 2/2010. We were told the investor would not allow modification in August and the bank would only accept full reinstatement. We put the house up for short sale, but were talked out of it by a friend who told us to NOT give up and to try the OOP at B of A. We sent the OOP a letter detailling all our woes, they reopened the case. In mid Sept we signed up with NACA. They took all our info and submitted our package on 9/27 to B of A. On 10/7, B of A sent a notice through NACA that the investor would not allow for modification. We were devastated, but still went through with our plans to attend the NACA Save the Dream tour in our area on 10/8. After we waited only three hours to get in, we sat for three before we were seen by a B of A rep that there was nothing they could do, that our investor would not allow for modification.

We asked for a NACA rep to sit with us to negotiate. The NACA rep reiterated there was nothing they could do. We asked for Bruce Marks himself or someone who could help us, as our home was going to forclosure on 10/13. Someone higher up from B of A came to our aide, and suddenly the investor was able to give us a different plan.

Long story short, we walked away with a 2% loan for five years, 3% for one year, 4% for one year, and 5% for the remainder on a 33 year loan. We had 83,000 plus in arrears that was tacked onto the back of the loan as a balloon payment with no interest accruing on that amount. This is NOT a perfect solution, as we are still nearly 350,000 upside down in our home, but we are so VERY thankful that we are at least going in the right direction and are able to stay in our home VERY comfortably for the next five plus years!!! Also note, that we were paying 6.25% interest only on our previous loan. Our payment went down $1400 plus per month on PITI! WOW!!!

Don't give up! NEVER take no for an answer. My husband was ready to walk away when the first B of A rep told us there was nothing that could be done. Thank God there was something that COULD be done and we fought for it!!!

The NACA experience has been a very good and humbling experience for us. We really felt for the families that walked away crying - some happy and some sad tears.

All in all, we both highly recommend NACA and again, NEVER give up!!!

Good luck and God bless!!!:D

SeriouslyConfused

LoanSafe Member
Oct 12, 2010
Hi all... I wish I had some positive comments regarding NACA, but my 4 pages of phone logs in attempts to try to make contact with NACA and Bank of America; well - its been so frustrating... We were at the LA event and came out with a recommended 4month special forbearance from BOA servicer/NACA negotiator. On Wednesday the 6th, I spoke to a BOA representative who confirmed NACA's proposal, the applied credit block and request for impounds. With this information I felt comfortable to go ahead and make our payment online, I did so on the 6th. On Friday the 7th I receive a Fed-ex pack which contains the actual agreement and a much higher payment that reflects NO impounds, a clear requirement of payment via cashiers check..etc. Suffice it to say - I've been on the phone calling BOA and NACA since Friday the 7th. To this very moment, I've been unsuccessful at cannot reaching anyone at NACA to assist me in understanding this F/B Agreement. Bank of America on the other hand; had me in transfer heck as I was transferred in error on multiple occasions... and if I was able to speak with anyone at BOA, I was told quite consistently that I had to speak to NACA or BOA Advocacy. Again - NACA has impossible to reach. BOA Advocacy tried to be helpful, but couldn't answer any questions, all they could do is email my "negotiator" and request contact. Our F/B agreement needs to be over-nighted tomorrow, I have to find more money and send a cashier's as well...no one at BOA can help refund my payment made on the 6th...

I've been diligently checking our NACA web-file and for the first time I see new info as of this evening "NACA web-file : "We can offer a 4 month Special Forbearance at a Partial Payment of ____". How is this info trailing 5 days after my receipt of the F/B agreement? Since Friday I've left 2 messages for our NACA Counselor - no calls returned... and now I see this message? I have questions! I don't understand why the payment is higher than what was recommended at the NACA event, I have no idea if its impounded, and I don't understand what "partial" means; and the signed agreement HAS to go out tomorrow...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm overwhelmed with frustration and a feelings of defeat because of poor customer service... We want to keep our home, we want to make our payments and we want to work this out... what do we do?

VEEGEE

LoanSafe Member
Dec 17, 2009
Was your trial payment exactly what you got in the mod or more/less. Does it have to be the same as thats what you afford. If they set this amount, and your taxes were to increase, would they adjust your rate down a little. wondering on how solid trial payments are
Never did trial payments... went from a forebearance which was 50% of regular payment into the loan mod. Not sure about the trials... but good luck!!!!

SeriouslyConfused

LoanSafe Member
Oct 12, 2010
Hey there Mike and Veegee - since October things have moved along, both Kevin Winn at NACA and BOA Advocacy line have been very helpful. I guess you can say that I'm no longer "SeriouslyConfused" and feeling defeated! We've got one payment left on our Forbearance and I'm really praying we can ramp it up and then finish with a final mod in March.

In the process I also received invaluable help from Lynn Willhite out of NC. I also was told about NACA's Forum that I did not know about and am thankful to have! So - Loansafe Members who are working with NACA - please check out this link NACA Forums • Index page NACA Operations Members do monitor Loansafe, but they also monitor this forum. I hope this helps!