Possible TILA violation?

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Thanks for weighing in tomeason, I really have'nt spent a whole lot of time on it but I do understand your point. I tilt at windmills in my head but practially speaking, I don't have time for a fool errand. However, this was brought up by a trusted attorney who reviewed the recorded history of my loan and he did mention it as a possible avenue to pursue to obtain a TRO.

I have a 2/22 sale date now. But as I review this letter from the OOP senior exec to me, copied to OCC, I see that she has cast a version of my history with a strained set of facts which conspire to make me look like a flake and them as "doing everything by the book. However, if setting the record straight does'nt enhance my chances of getting modded I'm more than happy to drop it.
DELL1
Thanks for your post. I can absolutely relate to your concern about the OOP exec misrepresenting the facts - in fact they are paid to do so on OCC complaints! My concern for your situation is that, before retaining an attorney to pursue, that you have a reasonable case. And, about the merit of your potential case, I'm definitely not qualified to comment.

DELL1

LoanSafe Member
Aug 4, 2010
DELL1
Thanks for your post. I can absolutely relate to your concern about the OOP exec misrepresenting the facts - in fact they are paid to do so on OCC complaints! My concern for your situation is that, before retaining an attorney to pursue, that you have a reasonable case. And, about the merit of your potential case, I'm definitely not qualified to comment.
i think a nice reply, while just setting some facts straight and filling in pertainent pieces of information left out of her synopisis is as far as I would want to go. Not making a case out of it but rather just laying things out for the OCC to see. most likely they dont give a crap anyways...

sorry, late night gallows humor