Personal Auto Loan Showing up as a Mortgage?

akageorgi

LoanSafe Member
I have a $4,000 loan that was transferred from Citibank to a new company in August. The loan is secured by my Dodge pickup, the new credit account is being reported to Equifax as a mortgage loan. My question is: Should I just leave it as a mortgage loan or call them and say it is just a personal loan? Which one looks better on my credit report? It now shows that it has been current since 2008. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks again guys!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
I have a $4,000 loan that was transferred from Citibank to a new company in August. The loan is secured by my Dodge pickup, the new credit account is being reported to Equifax as a mortgage loan. My question is: Should I just leave it as a mortgage loan or call them and say it is just a personal loan? Which one looks better on my credit report? It now shows that it has been current since 2008. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks again guys!
Lol what an incompetent servicer, if it were myself I would send a letter to Equifax to correct this error. This could cause some headaches or unnecessary hurdles if you pursue a refi or new home purchase in the near future..

Tim12

LoanSafe Member
If they cannot even get this right the first time, I am not sure I would trust them to get it right the second time. Instead, I would simply see if you cannot contact Equifax to see if they can resolve it for you. Let them deal with the company instead of you having to deal with their incompetent selves again.