NPV Calculator Making Home Affordable

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars

linnea213

LoanSafe Member
I used it this morning and it said" based on the info provided your mortgage may pass a HAMP NPV evaluation and you may be eligible for a HAMP mod. Be sure to save a copy of the information below and share it with your mortgage servicer to discuss options available to you"...we'll see! It gave me a 2% interest rate with a term of 410 months. Its very easy to use and actually asks which bank your mortgage is with.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
I hope it works as it is a useful tool so one wouldn't go wasting their time and effort if right off the bat they just don't pass the test.

Good Luck linnea213! I hope you get some good news soon.

nikfrz

LoanSafe Member
I've just received my perm, but I will be interested in seeing how it goes.

I see it as a valuable asset that should have been offered several years ago. And it's FREE!

jet-a

LoanSafe Member
I'm getting this error while using the calculator, does anyone know what this means?

NPV Error Number: NPV-75

Thanks!

Reese73

LoanSafe Member
I'm getting this error while using the calculator, does anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

I get the same thing. Spent over an hour playing with the inputs and still get the same thing. Don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong.

breathe

LoanSafe Member
I am getting the same error:

Does anybody have information on what this error means?

I've played with the inputs and I continue to get this error.
I am posting my most generic inputs in hopes someone might have some insight as to what I am doing wrong.

Which Best Describes You?Homeowner

<tbody>
</tbody>

Servicer & Investor Information
Your InvestorFannie Mae

<tbody>
</tbody>

Homeowner & Property Information
Data Collection Date02-27-2012
Borrower Credit Score614
Co-Borrower Credit Scorenot provided
Monthly Gross Income$4,506.00
Property StateOH
Property ZIP Code45*** (zip blocked out only in this post for privacy)
Property Value$106,600.00
Property Valuation TypeEstimated/AVM

<tbody>
</tbody>

Mortgage Information
Original Loan Amount$139,500.00
First Payment Date06-01-2003
Do you have a fixed rate mortgage?Yes
Unpaid Principal Balance of Your Mortgage$120,107.00
Total First Mortgage Debt$126,000.00
Interest Rate of Your Mortgage5.875%
Remaining Term (Months Remaining) on Your Mortgage255
Mortgage Insurance Coverage Percent0%
Modification Fees Paid by Investor$0.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

Monthly Payment Information
Principal and Interest$825.20
Real Estate Taxes$143.02
Hazard and Flood Insurance$59.17
Homeowner Association Fees and Escrow Shortage$0.00
Months Past Due7
Imminent DefaultYes

<tbody>
</tbody>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Naz

Michael Naz
Balbowhite - Please email me the inputs you are using if you need help with checkmynpv.com and the MHA Help team was not able to help you after calling 888-995-4673, as they are free.

if the inputs are not accurate, error codes will false negatives or false positives will be the result. the output is either "may be" NPV positive or "may not be" NPV positive.

The calculator uses the same formula as servicers for MHA HAMP and is similar to the formula that is used in the proprietary in house mods for jumbo loans.

The calculator is not the exact same as that which is used at all the servicers but is the same as the base formula used by the Making Home Affordable Team.

-michael

RoyaleC

LoanSafe Member
Error Code 75...

"Tier 2 PRA Forgiveness amount override is less than $0 or greater than the capitalized UPB amount"

Base Net Present Value (NPV) Model (v 5.0)
Training Module for Servicers

Michael Naz

Michael Naz
yes this is a human data input error that the servicer's technician tasked with running the internal calculator would see if there are hamp tier 2 overrides being used due to the specific loan investor.