Mortgage Modification

justjill13

LoanSafe Member
Mar 13, 2018
In June of last year 2017, my husband and I were accepted for a pennymac modification loan. We were thrilled! We did everything they asked us to do. Sent the new contract back the first month along with the payment every month for the 3 month trial, as well as every month after. Now, last week, I think is was Friday. I was dusting my blinds and saw a man taking pictures of my house. That totally freaked me out. I immediately called my husband at work. He was concerned because pennymac hadn't cashed out mortgage check yet. He called and they told him that their records showed we were missing paperwork. That it didn't look to them that we were serious about keeping our house. Ever since then, we have been going back and fourth with them. They claim they are going to try and reinstate our modification, however no call in two days and our house is due to go to action April 4th. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2012
Did they ever send you the permanent paperwork to sign and notarize after your 3 month trial ???

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
This sounds like a non-judicial foreclosure. If you are out of time, have been met with runaround, I would try to stop the sale with filing Bankruptcy. This should buy you time. You need to find a way to get this into court to defend your home. Just make sure you save payments when they start rejecting them. (Note- I am not an attorney)