Mortgage Assignment made 6 years later, MERS, legit?

walkin

LoanSafe Member
May 1, 2012
Purchased house in 2006. After a few months, received a letter saying we will need to start sending payments to a new bank, which we did.

Fast forward to 2012. House is pending foreclosure. I previously checked title, and it was still assigned to the bank who financed me in 2006. Led me to believe that the bank #2 might have title issues, which is why they haven't filed the papers yet. Recently, I searched again. Now I see a mortgage assignment from bank #1 (mers) to bank #2 (mers), which happened several months after defaulting on the loan....and of course, 6 years after the supposed "assignment" took place.

I haven't pulled the docs from county registrar yet, but is this even legit? Can't get into to much detail without looking at the supposed assignment, but is it ok for a bank to file a mortgage assignment 6 years after they started to receive payments, and only after default, in order to forclose? Or does it give me a little bit of power to defend the foreclosure lawsuit when it is filed?

walkin

LoanSafe Member
May 1, 2012
Also, I assume this gives me a good enough reason to send a QWR?

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Get a Certified Copy, google the person who executed it & chances are they work for the servicer or the foreclosure mill. They are trying to get their ducks in a row to file foreclosure. Let me know when you get a copy & I will try to help. I have two dozen Assignments signed by my robo signer. As far as the QWR, they just won't attach it, that's what they did to me.

nodocsfiled

LoanSafe Member
Nov 18, 2012
Get a Certified Copy, google the person who executed it & chances are they work for the servicer or the foreclosure mill. They are trying to get their ducks in a row to file foreclosure. Let me know when you get a copy & I will try to help. I have two dozen Assignments signed by my robo signer. As far as the QWR, they just won't attach it, that's what they did to me.
I purchased in 06 refied in 09 no docs record except 06 loan was paid off made 1 payment in feb 09 fast forward oct 2012 chase filed lis pendens only doc filed since payed off doc filed in 09 and I was not served anything for lis pendens I just check county records regualarly and noticed lis pendens even has my girlfreind from 8 years ago listed on it can they do this I think they have no docs do I need a lawyer I'm a injured commercial crab fishermen and my wife was forced to sell our Allstate agency we have 4 kids and are living on my unemployment benifits I need help before we all live in our car winters in washington can be nasty