Loan Modification Appraisal

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

FDC141984

LoanSafe Member
Jul 31, 2019
I'm currently in the process of obtaining a load modification for which I have been denied several times. I finally hired an attorney who specializes in these and am curious if where I'm at in the process is a good sign. I have an FHA mortgage with Caliber home loans. I probably owe a little more than the house is worth, maybe $30-$40k. The initial application was denied I believe because I didn't have enough income to make it work out with FHA's waterfall procedure to determine if a mod is viable. I appealed the denial back in the beginning of June with more income. About 2 weeks ago I got a letter from them saying they would be doing an appraisal (not sure what type). I've never gotten this far in the past and I was wondering if this was a good sign towards getting the mod approved.