Legal Fees Added To Loan After Loan Sold

ezvalet

LoanSafe Member
Nov 30, 2009
Hi everyone,

We received a HAMP mod back in 2011 and things have been textbook so far. Our original loan was with Indymac---then OneWest----until February when my payment reset again. The loan was apparently sold to Shellpoint. They've since added around $5K in legal fees to my loan. Not to the back end of the balance, but as "payment due". They are sending me late fees on it and now I am receiving threats of default.

When I called them they said this was part of my HAMP modification. They were very little help. Would you suggest an attorney at this point? And if so, what kind?

Thank you!

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Hi everyone,

We received a HAMP mod back in 2011 and things have been textbook so far. Our original loan was with Indymac---then OneWest----until February when my payment reset again. The loan was apparently sold to Shellpoint. They've since added around $5K in legal fees to my loan. Not to the back end of the balance, but as "payment due". They are sending me late fees on it and now I am receiving threats of default.

When I called them they said this was part of my HAMP modification. They were very little help. Would you suggest an attorney at this point? And if so, what kind?

Thank you!

I would get to an attorney, sounds like you're headed into foreclosure. Shellpoint is just the servicer. You should have also gotten "Notice of New Creditor". If you did & it says MTGLQ Investors L.P. is the new creditor, your loan was sold to Goldman Sachs in one of Fannie & Freddie's delinquent loan sales.

Have you tried to view your chain of title online? If you can't, I would go to the county clerk's office.