Just caught the Chase Operator LYING to a "friend" of mine!!!

litehouse01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 12, 2009
By the Beautiful Cheasapeake Bay
You can try and tables on them..with every phone to or from chase they say the call may be recorded for Quailty purposes I suppose if you didn't agree to be recorded they would have to end the call...when you call chase advise them you would like to tape the conversation and see what they say if they agree...then there is your 2 party consent..if they don't agree then don't....don't stup to their level...but I would be courious to see what they wold say?????

chasepmt2hot-firefighter

LoanSafe Member
Jan 1, 2009
It's called, roll playing, just like if someone read your deposition in court. Example - When a national media source (dateline, 60 mins, 20/20) shows an image of a hand written letter and reads the words out loud. When you sign w/a national media source to air your story, it's an open book. Anything goes...

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
litehouse - I'mt hinking we don't even say we "would like to" record. Just say "and fyi, this is also being recorded so I can keep a record of our calls." If they don't say anything - is that implied consent?

a2kman

LoanSafe Member
Jan 28, 2008
SIDE NOTE: I AM still in my house and they DID rescind the foreclosure, my fight just still continues.

B

Bunglbeez

Two party notification states

Twelve states currently require that BOTH or ALL parties to be notified of the recording. These states are:

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Illinois
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • Pennsylvania
  • Washington
[edit] One party notification states

All other states, and the District of Columbia, besides those listed above require one party consent just as federal law. There are certain exceptions to these rules. See full rules here. According to California court case Kearney v. Salomon Smith Barney, Inc. (July 13,2006) if you call from a one party notification state into California, then the two party notification law outweighs the one party notification law.

source
Telephone recording laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

litehouse01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 12, 2009
I commend your efforts on behalf of all of us...we are all in the same boat..I pray for a resolve to this mess very soon...I can't sleep at night worring if I will loose my home..its taking a huge toll on my Husband and I believe me when I say I know where you are coming from although I don't walk in your shoes..I can say without a doubt its taking a toll on everybody on this forum....

litehouse01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 12, 2009
I would think it would be implied consent because they also are informing you that the call is an attempt to collect a debt and all calls are recorded so just say you are recoding the call as well..so they said it and so did you...they say it on every call I have ever had even when I wasn't behind..I guess its their way of CYA

Chased around and around

LoanSafe Member
Jul 14, 2009
Orange County, CA
I had a collector call back in March, she said this conversation will be recorded for training purposes. I said "nope, you are not recording my conversation". She paused and she said it again, "sir this recording is for training purposes", I said "nope ain't gonna happen", a few second pause then I was disconnected. Not but 1 minute later another call came in same area code but different number, I did not answer.

chase idiots were calling me about 25 times per day, so I had to had some kind of fun.

I also heard someone on the board mention you need to be nice to the operators, do you really think they keep track of all call logs? Hell they can't even keep track of your paperwork or payments, but they are certainly going to keep track of 100K phone calls a month. No way no how. How many times have you heard the operator say, "let me type this in your file". You call back next week and the next idiot operator says, "there is nothing in your file from what that other operator told you".

Due onto others as they due onto you, screw chase and their employees...

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
Chased - you are brave! But I still think being nice is a good idea. Being nice doesn't mean being a doormat, and not asking for what you want, or putting up with bull**** (oops - another moeism coming out of me), but quite frankly it does lesson my own stress to just be calm but insistent. I'm not going to be mean just because they are stupid.

BudgetCutsinOC

LoanSafe Member
Sep 7, 2009
I am mean as a junkyard dog to these people. I can generally get an impression of how the conversation will go in about the first 5-10 seconds. If they sound nice and pleasant I will be the same. But if I get one WHIFF of rudeness, THEN IT IS ON !!!

Martae007

LoanSafe Member
May 9, 2009
OMG!! I've had the same conversations with Chase. I've even been told to make a payment on the second mortgage (I've got two mortgages with Chase - a first and second), even though I haven't paid on the first while awaiting a modification, or else they would start foreclosure proceeds at the first of the month. Well that was two months ago and not payments were sent..... I'm still waiting for word on my mod. After sending documentation after documentation.:confused:

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
To answer your question, at all loan servicers "loss mitigation" is the same as "collections." The purpose of the department is to mitigate the servicer's loss, not the borrowers! Plus "Loss Mitigation" sounds less onerous than "Collections."

FacingNorth

LoanSafe Member
Sep 17, 2008
Moe, maybe this could be an entire campaign. Get the word out to people to make a habit out of starting every call (and every transfer to a new dept.) with, "before we continue with this call I need to inform you that I'm recording this call for personal and legal documentation purposes". Then more shady practices can be publicized. And more importantly, if mass amounts of people start doing this, they'll be worried that every call could be potentially be publicized on youtube, and possibly picked up by investigative TV news programs. That kind of accountability sure would help to reduce their bad practices. Even if people don't have recording equipment or don't want to go through the hassle of recording every call, it would be good to have everyone stating that they are recording (and repeating it for each transfer).

dessertgirl

LoanSafe Member
Feb 13, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
OMG...I wish I had recorded one of my calls to Chase. I called between my 2nd and 3rd, I think, Trial Plan payments..I'm about to make my 8th, so I know it was early on. This call was just to find out if my file showed something being rec'd. Who knows what at this point I've been at this for so long.

I had the pleasure of a Frank Pesce answering. He kept trying to collect the $54k that was due and owing. I told him I was on a Trial Plan. He said let me review your file. Then he said, What makes you think you can walk in here with your little divorce decree in your hand, Sweety, and keep your house? You know you're gonna lose your house, Sweety. (yup, he called me sweety a couple of times) Then he reiterated that I would lose my home and that all of my Trial Plan payments had come back NSF from my bank. I was driving down the road at the time and I thought I was going to die! Good thing I'm a level headed individual...I ran through my mind, wait a minute, I got a receipt from them in the mail for my payments. I opened up a Chase bank account for the sole purpose of making these payments, they're listed in my register online as coming out of my account. I remembered the receipts because my ex's name was the only name on it and it really pissed me off since it was my money that paid these and he's the one that bailed and left me with this mess to clean up!

Good old Frank kept putting me on hold, telling me he was going to get someone on the phone to set me straight so that I'd realize I wasn't going to keep my house. At one point I asked him, with all due respect, can I please have your full name. This conversation was really stressing me out and bordering on freaky. He said, No. I said, okay, if you can't give me your full name, I understand. Just give me your employee number. He said, No. I was like, are you kidding me? He said, No. I said, You won't give me your name or employee number? He said, No. He ultimately forwarded me to someone's voice mail and I hung up.

I called my negotiator up immediately and was given his full name, Frank Pesci, and his boss' name and number, and his boss' boss' name and number. I called the boss' boss. Of course, he was so surprised. Apparently Frank Pesci was one of his best employees and he couldn't imagine him ever doing such a thing, even on his worst day.

You just have to find humor in these situations...even if it's later on. We will live through this if we can keep our sanity and sense of humor.

PSunny02

LoanSafe Member
Feb 22, 2010
Chase----they need to be investigated.I,m fed up to them. You get nowhere with them.One customer rep. tells you one thing, and the other one tells you another.I',m going through a loan mod. since Feb 2009 .I made my 3 trail payments, and they never sent me a monthly statement all year.I had a lawyer and everything was completed.Why can't they (CHASE) do their part.I've been going through mental agony all these months.We had medical hardship for the loan mod, and they are cruel.You can't talk with them.They don't give you accurate updates.So tell me where did all the money go all year that we sent them? Then they inaccurately report on my credit report deed in lieu.They don't have the deed to our house.How dare they.My houseing counsellor can't understand them.If they need more people to help them with the loan mod why don't they hire more emplyees.This is truly unfair.I have been very patient with them, and I'm about to get legal help.We have been doing our part.I never got a personal letter from them explaining any of the questions I have pertaining to my case.Something needs to be done. THE couple who was on Channel 7 GOOD MORNING AMERICA,MAN it could of just have been me!:mad:

kirkspal

LoanSafe Member
Aug 18, 2009
Thornton, CO
I live in Colorado and you bet your ass I record ALL important calls to CHASE. However, the first time I did I told them it was being recorded and they immediately terminated the call! But I consent so that is enough in my state! Sorry Chase :)

dessertgirl

LoanSafe Member
Feb 13, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bummer...I live in NV. (below from Wikipedia)
Two party notification states

Twelve states currently require that BOTH or ALL parties to be notified of the recording. These states are:

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Illinois
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • Pennsylvania
  • Washington