Is this really Bank of America?

sfllcindy

LoanSafe Member
May 10, 2012
A couple of weeks ago Bank of America claimed they had bought the house I am renting and offered us a cash for keys deal. Never speaking to them personally just the realtor. She sent me the papers to fill out and fax, which I did. Yesterday an atty for US National bank assn sends me a letter stating that they bought the house on the same day that BOA claimed to. They even sent me what looked like an official copy of the title. I go on to our county site, and yes, they did buy it.

My question now, was this a BOA scam (not really BOA)? The papers we signed and faxed to them gives until 5/23/12 to leave. They would give us a check on that day. Now this other bank says that we have 90 days from 5/7. I am trying so hard to get answers, but I get voicemails or "I will call you back with more info". That being the first realtor. I am very confused now as to what to do. Has anyone else had this experience?

Reactions: Patrick McGann

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
A couple of weeks ago Bank of America claimed they had bought the house I am renting and offered us a cash for keys deal. Never speaking to them personally just the realtor. She sent me the papers to fill out and fax, which I did. Yesterday an atty for US National bank assn sends me a letter stating that they bought the house on the same day that BOA claimed to. They even sent me what looked like an official copy of the title. I go on to our county site, and yes, they did buy it.

My question now, was this a BOA scam (not really BOA)? The papers we signed and faxed to them gives until 5/23/12 to leave. They would give us a check on that day. Now this other bank says that we have 90 days from 5/7. I am trying so hard to get answers, but I get voicemails or "I will call you back with more info". That being the first realtor. I am very confused now as to what to do. Has anyone else had this experience?
This is someone who is acting like BOA to get you out so they can get the Cash For Keys from the real owner. Watch the scams and before you fill ANYTHING out and sign; CHECK IT OUT!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Yes I agree with Jeffrey it definitely sounds like a scam. What fax number, telephone number, and mailing address did they provide you?

sfllcindy

LoanSafe Member
May 10, 2012
Omg! I never thought about that one. I have tried all day to get in touch with the Atty for the bank that actually did purchase the property. And of course they keep telling me he is in court. Unfortunately I did sign papers before, with these people claiming to be BOA. It was an agreement to be out by the 23rd. A W-9 and personal property release. I was a little suspicious before, even though all looked legit. I had never been through anything like this. I had called the number that was on the forms, just to see if it was BOA. There was a BOA recording. When I called today and actually spoke to someone, all she would say is I see your address in our inventory. I said, what does that mean? She couldn't give me anymore info. She said of course, that someone would call me. I knew then, that it was definitely BS. So , now I'm wondering...do they have anything over on me? When the real owner has come forward, what can this bogus BOA do, except try identity theft, uggh.

sfllcindy

LoanSafe Member
May 10, 2012
It was a local realtor I was speaking to first. She emailed the forms for me to fax. The phone number 866-761-0029. The fax number is 866-504-0940 Bank of America Reo Pre Marketing,TX2-983-03-05, 2375 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson TX 75082

The Realtor was with GSIG LLC

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
I would tell them they have illegally scammed you and you have called the sheriff and that you will not leave the home. They are a real estate company with Bank of America as part of their name.

Hopeful In Hawaii

LoanSafe Member
Apr 10, 2010
Did your letter look like this?

http://therasmusgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/11/Bank-of-America-Occupant-Relocation-Instructions.pdf

Notice same name, address, and number.

I also see that the URL is http://therasmusgroup.com

The Rasmus Group. They are using the BOA Logo.

Boa has sent me very deceptive mailings from companies they have contracted that use their name.

And trying to contact BOA for information , unfortunatley, the run and ran you get is the same you would get with any scammer, so it's hard to tell.

I would call my AG right away.