Is Capital One notorious for suing?

kitkat01

LoanSafe Member
Jul 1, 2010
I've heard that Capital One is known for suing. Is that true? For sure they sued me last year, and had to file a response but an arbitrator helped me out. But during this process, I had to file a BK due to us dealing w/ our house that had a sale date (a diff thread here and was able to settle that) and the BK was dismissed because I didn't have to go through with it any longer as we were able to settle w/ the house 2nd. Of course all of my credit cards were informed that BK was dismissed. But now my Capital One has hired a new collection agency to collect on me, not the Atty's office that they used to sue me before I filed Bk. From what I heard, the Atty's office lost a lot of files from Capital One so they no longer handle my Capital One. My question now is, is there a high possibility that Capital One will sue me again, and will they spend money again to do that the 2nd time? if not, what is the percentage that you have seen debts are settled w/ Capital One.

Btw, Chase seems to be easier to deal with. I received a 1099 in Dec '13 that I no longer owe them... that was a nice Xmas gift. Now 5 more cc to go..

kitkat01

LoanSafe Member
Jul 1, 2010
Yes, and they will get a judgement and sit on it for years, and pop up to collect it when you least expect it
Well, I'm really hoping that they sit on it for 2 more years has the SOL in CA is 4 years. I owe 13K (when it started, it was only like 12K, they offered 8K and I said "No way.. I have no where near that amount" so they asked what I can afford and I said "1K' and I still have to look for that... of course DENIED! haha

troubleinriverside

LoanSafe Member
Nov 30, 2008
Well, I'm really hoping that they sit on it for 2 more years has the SOL in CA is 4 years. I owe 13K (when it started, it was only like 12K, they offered 8K and I said "No way.. I have no where near that amount" so they asked what I can afford and I said "1K' and I still have to look for that... of course DENIED! haha
What they will do is wait until just before SOL expires, then file a lawsuit, get a judgement, and sit on it. they can wait it out for years to collect, the whole time interest is acruing raising what you owe. they can wait until you die, and put in a claim against your estate, or wait until you get a money from the estate from a dead relative, then pop up to collect it. They will wait for years.

Cherrylna

LoanSafe Member
Feb 8, 2013
Hi there TIR

Thanks for this entry..I'm searching all over this forum to find out how to settle with Cap1 AFTER judgement. it's only 14K..the legal firm is Hunt and Henriques. Wondered if you know anything about how to deal with them? My BK lawyer, says 70 percent!! I'm not filing BK on one card ! anything you have to offer is appreciated...thanks!

What they will do is wait until just before SOL expires, then file a lawsuit, get a judgement, and sit on it. they can wait it out for years to collect, the whole time interest is acruing raising what you owe. they can wait until you die, and put in a claim against your estate, or wait until you get a money from the estate from a dead relative, then pop up to collect it. They will wait for years.

kitkat01

LoanSafe Member
Jul 1, 2010
Hi there TIR

Thanks for this entry..I'm searching all over this forum to find out how to settle with Cap1 AFTER judgement. it's only 14K..the legal firm is Hunt and Henriques. Wondered if you know anything about how to deal with them? My BK lawyer, says 70 percent!! I'm not filing BK on one card ! anything you have to offer is appreciated...thanks!
Hi cherrylna - so did you get this figured out? I have not heard anything from Capital One nor have received anything. I have to see when SOL expires. mine is $12K. Hunt and Henriques lost a lot of files from Capital One so your file might hve been one of them. NOt sure though if they hired anybody else. but I know they haulted sending me anything initially because of the bk that i filed (but didn't end up going through the bk process) but never heard from them again.