Horrible Chase/usda Story

Gerard

LoanSafe Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello, I'm gonna try and make this as short as possible but there's a lot to say. I need to know if anyone can point me in the right direction of what to do next.

In 2009 I bought a home in kansas. Chase bank gave me a first time home buyer loan. Not sure the reason now but the usda backed up the loan. I was only 22 years old at the time with my 2 kids and wife. So i knew nothing besides what they were telling me. Anyways the loan was for 87,000 dollars. 2 years into living there my property and home were destroyed due to a flood.

I lost everything. Home, animals, property, furniture. I contacted home insurance immediately and they said there was nothing they could do because i had no flood insurance. I didn't know flood insurance was different. I contact chase. They didn't try to help at all. I spent several upon several hours on phone begging for help and they offered me nothing.

I had moved my family and i to kansas for a job and i had no family or friends nearby. I spent every dime i had saved trying to save my home. Black mold was everywhere . Ceilings began caving in. We had no furnace to stay warm. No appliances to hold or cook food. My kids had constant runny noses and coughs. With chase only wanting there monthly payment instead of wanting to help me save my home i had no choice but to quit my job and move back with relatives in missouri. Chase foreclosed the home and i received a letter in the mail saying that they were going to auction the home.

Nobody wanted the home or what was left of it i should say, or the 5 acres of property it was on. So chase just took ownership of the property and had house tore out. So zero dollars was reduced from my debt. Then usda stepped in and paid chase the entire amount i still owed. I went down and had my taxes done at the end of the year. My refund was almost 11,000 dollars.

Its what my family needed to get back on our feet. Was gonna get bankruptcy done and try to put this horrible disaster behind us. Instead i got a letter in the mail saying my refund was applied too my debt. With my credit destroyed and having to work for only 8 dollars an hour every penny i made was going to something. I couldn't save money for nothing. End of the year comes and i do taxes again and of course receive another letter saying my 10,000 dollars was applied to debt.

Then i get a letter saying my checks from work were gonna start being garnished. 20 percent of every one. Next check the garnishing started. This went on for a couple years. In under 5 years the usda took over 50,000 dollars from me between refunds and my checks from work.

I then moved to Washington state where I'm at now living in my aunts home. For 2 years now I've worked and lived here not hearing anything about the home. But i also haven't filed taxes just cause of how bad it sickens me to do so. I decided this year i would get caught up on them and hopefully after usda seized them it would nearly have the debt wiped out. I called usda before i tried doing taxes to find out the balance of the debt.

I called corporate office in St.Louis and kansas usda dept and they look up the address of the foreclosed home, my name, and my social security number and tell me there's nothing about a debt or the property, myself or the money they've taken. Then told me they didn't take my money. They have no record of any of this. I then call treasury offset and they tell me that my name is clear. There is no offsets against my social security number. Please help me with what i do now.

Where'd my money go? Hope whoever reads this can understand it. I'm very tired and frustrated.

My email is [email protected] if anyone has any thoughts that could help me out here. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
Your story is strange.. people taking your money for all those years without you know who it is? Lesson learned isn't it? Well, just file your Tax, see who takes it..

Gerard

LoanSafe Member
Mar 10, 2017
Your story is strange.. people taking your money for all those years without you know who it is? Lesson learned isn't it? Well, just file your Tax, see who takes it..
It was usda, but what I'm saying its there saying they didnt.. like they lost there records of any of it

Gerard

LoanSafe Member
Mar 10, 2017
It was usda, but what I'm saying its there saying they didnt.. like they lost there records of any of it
The treasury says that this year no one is gonna take them. It's like usda deleted everything and didn't keep any records of it. Like there trying to cover something up

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Hello Gerard,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles since the flood. I can only imagine the stress you have been under.

What you need to understand is that they USDA is the government. Any debt owed to the government will be pursued aggressively regardless of how it adversely affects you. The money went to the .Gov accounts. You have records that prove this.

I would not trust any of these statements that they have no records etc. because it is obvious that you still owe the debt and they have taken your money on numerous occasions. If you do your taxes and get money back, they will take it again. You can bet on that.

The only way to get rid of this debt is to claim and qualify for bankruptcy such as chapter 7 or claim insolvency.

Reactions: bigfrog

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
Maurice has a point there. Government employees are smart. Once you owe money to the government, pretty much have to pay back. Plus, once you owe the government money, you automatically become the bad guy, a criminal. Depends on how much you owe, your best bet is leave the country. Really, start fresh. Come back and visit your families, relatives, and friends on vacations. Ever wonder why there are so many hobos? Hint, they were a long time not.

Move to New Zealand or some other country. They act like we are trapped. Land is more abundant than perceived.

Reactions: Moe Bedard

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
They can get you in other countries as well Big Frog. You know, the loooooooooooooooong arm of the law ;)

I have thought about leaving the U.S., but when all is said and done, every country had its downfalls and corruption. Even New Zealand does and I have a friend there who actively fights against it. Also, you would have to have a lot of money to travel back and forth. For most of us, it is just not feasible.