HOA Nightmare - Foreclosure Unpaid Fees

realitymom

LoanSafe Member
Help!! I've been fighting HOA lawyers for years over unpaid fees. The attorney will not take payments from me and the fees have become outrageous. They filed a lien on March 3, 2021 and filed with the court to force foreclosure to pay the unpaid fees, interest and their fees. I filed Chapter 13 two years ago and then in March of 2020 I was unable to keep up with my payments and it was dismissed. Because the housing market is going bonkers right now, the HOA lawyers are trying to force the foreclosure. I am in forebearance with my mortgage which way behind in payments (before covid) -- trying to do a modification. Can the HOA force foreclosure if I am in forbearance with my mortgage company? I know Biden extended the protection until June but was that only for mortgage foreclosures or do I have protection from the HOA as well? Also, I have been trying since January for a payment plan with the HOA but the attorneys keep blocking it. Time is running out and I'm trying to figure out what options I may have.

BCMB1 Trust

LoanSafe Member
Help!! I've been fighting HOA lawyers for years over unpaid fees. The attorney will not take payments from me and the fees have become outrageous. They filed a lien on March 3, 2021 and filed with the court to force foreclosure to pay the unpaid fees, interest and their fees. I filed Chapter 13 two years ago and then in March of 2020 I was unable to keep up with my payments and it was dismissed. Because the housing market is going bonkers right now, the HOA lawyers are trying to force the foreclosure. I am in forebearance with my mortgage which way behind in payments (before covid) -- trying to do a modification. Can the HOA force foreclosure if I am in forbearance with my mortgage company? I know Biden extended the protection until June but was that only for mortgage foreclosures or do I have protection from the HOA as well? Also, I have been trying since January for a payment plan with the HOA but the attorneys keep blocking it. Time is running out and I'm trying to figure out what options I may have.
HOA and their lawyers are nasty people. I would go above and beyond to pay them than lose the house over HOA dues. I was in a similar situation few years back and I ended up paying 700 HOA fee and Attorney fee/court cost that amounted to about 14K. If you have been in your house for quite sometime and have equity, If you lose the house, you'll lose well over 100K. It is better to pay anything less than 30K. I'm sure your situation is under 10K!