Here I go again..Now it's Capital One!

LovingOcwen

LoanSafe Member
Nov 16, 2013
St. Albans New York
Now that I got on track with my mortgage, here is something else.

I had a credit card in 2009 from Capital One which I could not pay because I wasn't working. I just recived an income execution letter from the Marshall's office for the amount owed. It states that I have 20 days to call and make a payment agreement. It was sitting in my mailbox with a certified letter thingy attached. However, I did not sign for this and I was home yesterday. The certified part was ripped off . I checked NYS civil Court website and it stated the status was "disposed of" (same docket#) in August of 2009. It is another law firm for Capital One and not the law firm that is on my paperwork that I received yesterday. I was never sued for this. What does disposed mean in my case? On the NYS Civil website there is no history with case, it was filed in May of 2009 and disposed in August 2009.

Last edited:

LovingOcwen

LoanSafe Member
Nov 16, 2013
St. Albans New York
BTW-It is the same document from 2009, yet it is dated 12-19-2013 and it is the same attorney's office with a coversheet from the Marshal's office, yet not signed by the Marshall's office, but stating that I must make payments to the Marshals office. It has a very crazy, almost a symbol signature from the law office. Shouldn't the Marshall's office signed it?

LovingOcwen

LoanSafe Member
Nov 16, 2013
St. Albans New York
It is a notice of garnishment. It starts off bt saying Please take notice that a judgement has been entered against the above named judgement debtor. Shouldn't I have seen this on the Civil website as being filed?