Help with credit before home shopping

giacona

LoanSafe Member
May 18, 2009
I want to be able to purchase a home soon. (Hopefully within the next 6 months to 1 year).

After the nightmare I had with my last house and poor financial choices I made during that time in my life, I decided to close most of my credit cards and only use cash or my debit card.

Currently, I only have a car loan which I am the co borrower on for family member. I also have 2 or 3 store credit cards open, but have not used them in over a year.

Is there anyway I can get my credit score online by doing a soft pull or is a hard pull the only way?

The last time I had my score ran was in 2016 when I applied for the car loan and it was a 730 at the time.

One other item i'd like to bring to attention, is one of my closed accounts listed on my credit report it stating the account is in dispute. Even tho the account is listed as closed, should I look into removing the "dispute" comment? I'm not sure if that isl hurting me or not.

I'm also not sure if opening new credit card accounts would be help raise my score, but I am willing to do what I have to in order to get my score high as possible so i qualify for a good rate when the time comes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
Hi There,
I'm the resident lender/loan officer here at LoanSafe and would be happy to help you. I have access to what is called a credit simulator that can tell you what the best actions to take would be to improve your score. It would unfortunately be a hard pull but if you haven't pulled your credit recently and don't plan on pulling it for awhile unless it's beneficial to obtain a new card (I can simulate that)...a hard pull shouldn't impact your score enough to notice.

Feel free to contact me directly at 619-379-8999 or by e-mail at [email protected] - also if you wanted to get a jump start, you can apply online over the weekend at www.LoansReduced.com and I can jump into that simulator possibly tomorrow or worst case on Monday.

Have a great evening and if you have any other questions please let me know.