Has anyone heard of this company?

canurse

LoanSafe Member
Hello all,
I received a letter from DTA Solutions, LLC offering to settle our 2nd mortgage for 10% of the principal balance. Our 2nd was with Indymac then went to Faslo Solutions and finally I guess to DTA Solutions, LLC. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them or heard of them. I want to counter offer with 5% but want to check them out first. I found very little about them with an internet search. They are based in Jacksonville Florida. Thanks for any help.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Hello all,
I received a letter from DTA Solutions, LLC offering to settle our 2nd mortgage for 10% of the principal balance. Our 2nd was with Indymac then went to Faslo Solutions and finally I guess to DTA Solutions, LLC. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them or heard of them. I want to counter offer with 5% but want to check them out first. I found very little about them with an internet search. They are based in Jacksonville Florida. Thanks for any help.
Hello Canurse,

In the link below there is another member who was working on a settlement with this collection agency as well. They do seem to be a legitimate firm but I would always first check in with your original servicer to ensure this firm is handling your account. If you have not got a chance to do so already, you will definitely want to read this thread to help settle your 2nd mortgage: http://www.loansafe.org/forum/debt-settlement/37996-strategy-settling-your-2nd.html

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/debt-settlement/52520-questions-regarding-settling-2nd-mortgage.html

kangcoach

LoanSafe Member
Hello all,
Can you share whatever happened? We are in a similar situation...2nd was with Faslo who never ever contacted us. I did research and Faslo changed their name to DTA and now DTA doesn't exist. We want to sell our house but have no idea who holds our 2nd. Any info you found out would be so appreciated!! We would gladly settle just to get this removed.

canurse

LoanSafe Member
Can you share whatever happened? We are in a similar situation...2nd was with Faslo who never ever contacted us. I did research and Faslo changed their name to DTA and now DTA doesn't exist. We want to sell our house but have no idea who holds our 2nd. Any info you found out would be so appreciated!! We would gladly settle just to get this removed.
Hello,
I received a letter from the FDIC stating that DTA was no longer my servicer and that a company called Value Recovery Group in Columbus OH would be servicing our loan. That letter was sent to us in late 2012. As of today I have had no contact from Value Recovery Group. No letters, no phone calls, nothing. I'm sure it's because our home is underwater. Home is worth $100K and we owe $181K on our first mortgage. As of today we haven't made any second mortgage payments since 12/2006. I am considering having an attorney that specializes in 2nd mortgage settlements negotiate with them so we can move forward with our lives and put this behind us but afraid of poking the bear. Our credit is decent again and we are wanting to pay down our first to refinance but can't do so without fear of foreclosure due to the second if equity comes into play. Anyway - sorry for the long winded response. I'm not sure who your 2nd mortgage was with. If it was with IndyMac you should be able to reach out to FDIC and find out who holds the second. You can also look at MERS. They have our second mortgage listed with FDIC and the contact information. Good luck!