Greentree Is Changing Their Name To Ditech As Of The End Of This Month! How Will This Affect Me?

HMR75

LoanSafe Member
how will this effect any modifications? 1st or 2nd as Ditech isn't on the list of participating companies.
Ive just recently missed my 2nd payment to them and of course they care calling from all kinds of numbers. demanding the money and say I can't be behind 2 payments, blah blah. (my mortgages were discharged in a BK7 almost 10 years ago, so Ive been paying every month so they have received plenty of money from me)
I told her to stop calling me. she was trying to go on & on so I hung up on her.

ahhh! so now I don't know if I can get my 2mp done since they are changing names. would anyone know how this might work or am I up a creek and still need to just pay it forever... (my 1st hamp tier 2 is getting finalized right now, I just made my 3rd trial payment)

any advice on how I should go forward? should I ignore all the calls & don't return any? should I send a letter and try to settle?

Thanks for any replies.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Hello,

You missed payments on your trial loan modification? I'm confused, you first said "Ive just recently missed my 2nd payment to them " and then "my 1st hamp tier 2 is getting finalized right now, I just made my 3rd trial payment."

HMR75

LoanSafe Member
Hello,

You missed payments on your trial loan modification? I'm confused, you first said "Ive just recently missed my 2nd payment to them " and then "my 1st hamp tier 2 is getting finalized right now, I just made my 3rd trial payment."
my 1st mortage is not with Greentree. its with Ocwen. and ive just made my 3rd trial payment with them.
my 2nd mortgage is with Greentree. and this is the one i just missed 2 payments on. and hoping that something would be done within the 2mp program. but now I think that will be not happening with this change upcoming with their name change.

sorry if i wasn't clear before.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
OK and thanks for clarifying that. Not a problem.

This may cause a problem and it may not. I have seen many people lose their loan modifications when their loans were transferred to a new servicer, but this is different with GreenTree just changing names. Time will only tell what this will do in your case.

On the 2nd mortgage, I'd just ignore them and sit and wait.