Good insurance company

Which insurance company has been good with your claims? I've just dropped my car insurance company and am shopping for a new one. Is it better to go for a local dealer or a statewide company?

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Which insurance company has been good with your claims? I've just dropped my car insurance company and am shopping for a new one. Is it better to go for a local dealer or a statewide company?
Personally I like to shop for my car insurance through a local third party. They take down my basic information and find the best deal possible for my situation. Hey, every six months over the past two years my monthly payments have gone down about $15 or so! I'm down in southern Ca and I go through a comapny called Westside Auto Ins. It should not be too hard finding a third party such as this in your area.

My AARP membership gets me a good deal from The Hartford and I have both home and car insurance with them. Not too sure about a local outfit Norris, as they’re typically not known to be good with claims. Since a local company has lower overheads as compared to a nationwide one, your rates might be lower though.

TeriM

LoanSafe Member
always look for an independent agent - they can shop for you.

speaking as an agent in Ohio - I would try and stay with a regional company instead of a national -

Angels

LoanSafe Member
Check with a local body shop and ask which insurance companies are good to work with. A friend of mine owns a body shop and he talks about the off the wall insurance companies that take forever to pay and fight with him and the owner about what repairs are necessary. The good ones cut the customer a check and the car gets fixed.

I always use PrimericaSecure (www.primericasecure.com or 1-877-855-8111). When you call or go online, you will have to reference PIN # BPRK1 and last name Allison (that is my agent). I have always had the best rate through AAA or even Costco as an executive member and PrimericaSecure offered me an even better rate. My parents were with another well know insurance company for about 15 years. When I told them about Primericasecure, the called and switched because the rates were the lowest they could find....and the coverage was the highest coverage we have ever had. Now days, you don't want to get caught underinsured. The reps on the other end of the line are very helpful and compare rates from many different insurance companies. Good Luck!

Cathy34

LoanSafe Member
I've been with State Farm for 25 years and I can't complain. I've had numerous claims from windshields shattering, to random, drive-by battery with quite a bit of damage (twice) to random liquid coming from an 18-wheeler that took the paint right off my car a day later and had to be totally repainted. My husband has been in two accidents in that time (one his fault). They have always paid immediately. I have found cheaper places but it wasn't a lot cheaper, and having my agent who's known us for 25 years and worked with us diligently and faithfully is very assuring.

Good luck with your search.