GE Capital Retail Card Question/Help

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had a good contact/information for GE Capital Retail Bank Card. My family and I are going through some serious financial difficulties and I keep getting the run around with them. I have been told to talk to a consumer credit counceling company and I have. They told me to ask if they had a hardship program, but when I did, they said they didn't have anything for me, because my account was only a year old. I understand that, but you never know what is going to happen a year later and now we are trying to recover from my husband being laid off for six months, and they are saying they can't help me.
Please if someone could, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Dusty

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had a good contact/information for GE Capital Retail Bank Card. My family and I are going through some serious financial difficulties and I keep getting the run around with them. I have been told to talk to a consumer credit counceling company and I have. They told me to ask if they had a hardship program, but when I did, they said they didn't have anything for me, because my account was only a year old. I understand that, but you never know what is going to happen a year later and now we are trying to recover from my husband being laid off for six months, and they are saying they can't help me.
Please if someone could, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Dusty
Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining...........

I wasn't able to find other members on the forum that listed this particular CC, but many of the members here are trying to settle CCs by utilizing information in the following thread;

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/debt-settlement/49604-general-playbook-cc-debt-settlement.html

What did the credit counseling say?

You may want to also file a complaint with the BBB, there are many, many complaints about this company;

File a complaint against GE Capital Retail Bank

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Cat,

Thank you very much for responding back to me. I have been trying to do the hardship thing, which is very difficult to do too. Do also maybe know who to talk to at Kohl's, I have set up a hardship with them, mainly because I felt forced to as the only option, but it is nearly imposible to talk to someone there who is interested in helping you fix your debt. They sound like robots reading from a screen. And also Wellsfargo, I have a credit card with them. $8500 balance 11% interest. I have talked to them a few times about hardship or lowering the interest. Explained my situation to them and have never been late in 4years, they said they have no such programs and that they can't reduce the interest, because that is the lowest they have. But they keep trying to get me to turn it into a personal loan to maybe lower my payments. But I don't want to do that. I can't afford these payments anymore and what is usually happening is that I make the minimum payment and then turn around and use the balance to grocery shop, so that way I am satisfying them, but it is getting to hard to keep that up.
Also if anything turns up on the GE Capital Retail bank card could you please let me know.
This site is such a helpful site, I wish I discovered it sooner.
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
Dusty

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Cat,

Thank you very much for responding back to me. I have been trying to do the hardship thing, which is very difficult to do too. Do also maybe know who to talk to at Kohl's, I have set up a hardship with them, mainly because I felt forced to as the only option, but it is nearly imposible to talk to someone there who is interested in helping you fix your debt. They sound like robots reading from a screen. And also Wellsfargo, I have a credit card with them. $8500 balance 11% interest. I have talked to them a few times about hardship or lowering the interest. Explained my situation to them and have never been late in 4years, they said they have no such programs and that they can't reduce the interest, because that is the lowest they have. But they keep trying to get me to turn it into a personal loan to maybe lower my payments. But I don't want to do that. I can't afford these payments anymore and what is usually happening is that I make the minimum payment and then turn around and use the balance to grocery shop, so that way I am satisfying them, but it is getting to hard to keep that up.
Also if anything turns up on the GE Capital Retail bank card could you please let me know.
This site is such a helpful site, I wish I discovered it sooner.
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
Dusty
I will for sure do a little more research and see if I can find anything out for you, on both GE Capital and Kohls, but in the mean time, if it were me, I would file that complaint with the BBB against them. Also look through the thread that I posted that has other members working on settlements with their card companies.

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thank you Cat, I will do. Also did you know who to talk to or to do about Wellsfargo? Sorry for bugging you so much, but this has been the most help, even more than what I have received from my credit counseling agency, that just made me feel hopeless. All this stress has really been effecting my life in a terrrible way, so thank you again.
Dusty

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Thank you Cat, I will do. Also did you know who to talk to or to do about Wellsfargo? Sorry for bugging you so much, but this has been the most help, even more than what I have received from my credit counseling agency, that just made me feel hopeless. All this stress has really been effecting my life in a terrrible way, so thank you again.
Dusty
You are not bugging me at all, we are here to help you any way that we can.

For a Wells Fargo CC you would need to call;

1-800-988-8019

I know that they do offer hardship programs.

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thanks again. Real quick, what does CC stand for? Everytime I have asked them, they said that they don't offer any hardship programs and told me to talk to a credit counselor and when I told them I already did and that is how I found out about hardship programs, they repeatedly told me no they do not have any such program. I have talked to multiple people there. Maybe is there a higher up there that I should talk to, like with the hsbc capital one people.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Thanks again. Real quick, what does CC stand for? Everytime I have asked them, they said that they don't offer any hardship programs and told me to talk to a credit counselor and when I told them I already did and that is how I found out about hardship programs, they repeatedly told me no they do not have any such program. I have talked to multiple people there. Maybe is there a higher up there that I should talk to, like with the hsbc capital one people.
CC is credit card. WF has programs available like lowering the interest and creating a payment plan, they offered it to my son, but ultimately he ended up filing a chapter 7 bk.

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ok. Thanks. I really don't want to file bankruptcy. Should I tell them that I am thinking of doing that if they tell me again that they have no programs?

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Ok. Thanks. I really don't want to file bankruptcy. Should I tell them that I am thinking of doing that if they tell me again that they have no programs?
Since my son had to go the bk route, and you may not have to in your situation, give a read through the thread link I provided and see how the other members are handling their credit card settlements. If you have a question to ask anyone in that thread, you can hit the reply and ask, our forum members are really great about sharing their experiences to help others going through similar. Please keep us updated on how it goes whether you are going to try to settle on your own or even if the counseling agency is helping. If you don't mind me asking, is the counseling agency that you are working with a non profit such as;

Money Management International - Take Control of your Debt

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thank you for the info, I will check it out and see what I find. And yes I will keep you updated. I filed a complaint with BBB for the GE Capital Card, so fingers crossed that I hear something good from it.
Yes the counceling agency that I was referred to was a non profit and was sopposed to help veterans. But they made me feel worse and more overwhelmed that my situation was hopeless.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Thank you for the info, I will check it out and see what I find. And yes I will keep you updated. I filed a complaint with BBB for the GE Capital Card, so fingers crossed that I hear something good from it.
Yes the counceling agency that I was referred to was a non profit and was sopposed to help veterans. But they made me feel worse and more overwhelmed that my situation was hopeless.
I am so sorry that the counseling service for Veterans has made you feel that way, hopefully with the complaint and suggestions from other members here for help in settling the cards you will be able to accomplish a good settlement on your own.

commdiver

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello,
I just wanted to give you an update on one part of my credit problems. It's a small one, but it's a move in the right direction. I am so glad that you recommended that I write a complaint to the BBB about GE Capital, because I did and today I looked at my updated bill and they adjusted my balance by a couple hundred dollars, nothing major and no response to helping a with a hardship program yet, but I think it's a start hopefully. Not sure if it was from my complaint or not, because I have not received a response yet from them and when I asked all they said was that it was a credit from them. So of course not great, but hopefully my luck is going to start looking better and I thank you for that.
Dusty

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Hello,
I just wanted to give you an update on one part of my credit problems. It's a small one, but it's a move in the right direction. I am so glad that you recommended that I write a complaint to the BBB about GE Capital, because I did and today I looked at my updated bill and they adjusted my balance by a couple hundred dollars, nothing major and no response to helping a with a hardship program yet, but I think it's a start hopefully. Not sure if it was from my complaint or not, because I have not received a response yet from them and when I asked all they said was that it was a credit from them. So of course not great, but hopefully my luck is going to start looking better and I thank you for that.
Dusty
Thank you for your kind words, that is definitely a step in the right direction. It is a work in progress and at least it is some movement albeit a little bit.