Foreclosed on back in 2010

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

Datsun

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2012
Hi, I purchased a muli family home under my own name back in 2006, the house foreclosed in 2010. I was unsure if I am part of a huge foreclosure settlement or not? How can I find out?

I had to file bk due to this foreclosure.

The mortgagor is America servicing company.

Thanks!

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Datsun

Thanks for your post.

There's little way of knowing if you can recieve any settlement $$ for your FC. As there have been several settlements, not sure which one you refer to.

Datsun

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2012
I tried the independent foreclosure review, but I don't agree with there results. I'm not sure if there were other agencies or programs?

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hello Datsun,

There's the Independent Foreclosure Review and the National Mortgage Settlement. IMO both provided very little relief (often only several hundred dollars) to borrowers who lost their homes to foreclosure during the designated time period, and you would have been sent a letter if deemed eligible. You can find more information on both settlements below.

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/bank-america-home-loans/71535-rust-consulting-inc-boa-2.html

FRB: Independent Foreclosure Review

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/bank-america-home-loans/47333-national-mortgage-settlement.html

National Mortgage Settlement: Payments to borrowers who lost their homes to foreclosure with no requirement to prove financial harm and without having to release private claims against the servicers or the right to participate in the OCC review process. $1.5 billion will be distributed nationwide to eligible borrowers . The National Mortgage Settlement Administrator will mail Notice Letters and Claim Forms in late September through early October 2012 to approximately 2 million borrowers who lost their home due to foreclosure between January 1, 2008 and December 31 2011 and whose loans were serviced by one of the five mortgage servicers that are parties to the settlement.