Forbearance offer

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

Vavouna1

LoanSafe Member
Feb 24, 2017
I have been offered a three month forbearance plan and will have to pay twenty four thousand dollars August first which I won't have..my income has been affected because of COVID19. What will happen in august when I don't have that amount? This will actually make matters worse. I was hoping they would modify my loan..has anyone experienced this or can give me some ideas?

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Try your best to keep this debt FULLY UNDER 6 months' past due. A rolling late is the best you can do to buy time to modify once your income re-stabilizes in the future. (In some cases, private lenders are not bound by this and will proceed at 3 months.) HOWEVER, during a pandemic you might get some reprieve by foreclosure moratoriums and temporary court closures.

Once all is said and done, your past due will likely be capitalized as principal in a future modification.