Does Citimortgage Even Have My Second Mortgage Anymore?

MNTwinsfan

LoanSafe Member
Feb 13, 2013
Second with Citi was discharged in Chapter 7 in 2010. Stopped paying over four years ago, got a few phone calls after the first 3-4 months of not paying and even told the gentleman that we would like to settle on one of the phone calls. Have not heard a word for over 4 years. Would like to settle but also not in a big hurry to settle. I was wondering if Citi even holds the note anymore.

When I call the county for information as to who the lien holders are they just say that there are two and it is one name, I can't remember what that name was, but neither are the two mortgage companies that we had our mortgages with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Hello,

I would get a copy of your credit report to see how it is reporting and who is the owner of the debt. Often the county recorder will not reflect the current owner because mortgage servicers sometimes take months, to a year or never to update the county records because they are eit6her too busy and or do not care.

The three nationwide consumer reporting companies have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number, and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.

To order, visit http://www.annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228, or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. The form is on the back of this brochure; or you can print it from http://www.ftc.gov/credit. Do not contact the three nationwide consumer reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through annualcreditreport.com, 1-877-322-8228, and Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.

MNTwinsfan

LoanSafe Member
Feb 13, 2013
Still showing as Citimortgage on credit report. Since I haven't heard from Citimortgage for over 3 years, do you think the file is lost in their system? I thought that I would have heard from a collector by now and would have had a chance to settle with them. Thinking of refinancing the first for a lower interest rate, but can't do anything with the second still out there.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
I do not think it is lost. They just have hundreds of thousands of mortgages, personal loans, debts etc they manage and things get backed up and or delayed. Sooner or later, you will hear from someone.

MNTwinsfan

LoanSafe Member
Feb 13, 2013
We haven't heard anything from them in 5 years. With everything about to tank in the next 12-18 months, maybe we'll hear from them.