Ditech Mailing Address For Cease And Desist Letter

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE


LoanSafe Member
Jun 1, 2011
Hello everyone ,

Would anyone have the address to send a cease and desist letter to ditech?

Also a good letter template if available .


Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California

I do not have an alternate mailing address other than what can be found online.

Here is an example of a cease and desist letter, and you can specify in the letter how they can communicate. Depending on the bank you should probably send the letter to collections to stop communication.

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) - Federal Law

15 USC 1692c

§ 805. Communication in connection with debt collection

(a) COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER GENERALLY. Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection any debt;

(1) at any unusual time or place or a time or place known or which should be known to be inconvenient to the consumer. In the absence of knowledge of circumstances to the contrary, a debt collector shall assume that the convenient time for communicating with a consumer is after 8 o’clock antimeridian and before 9 o’clock postmeridian, local time at the consumer’s location;

(3) at the consumer’s place of employment if the debt collector knows or has reason to know that the consumer’s employer prohibits the consumer from receiving such communication.



Today's Date
Your Name
Your Address
You Loan Number

Collector's Name
Collector's Address

Dear Debt Collector, (Insert Name)

I am writing to request that you cease your communication with me. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act specifically states in Section 805(c), referencing ceasing communication that you must cease all communication with me after being notified in writing that I no longer wish to communicate with you.

Therefore, I require that you stop calling me at work. In addition, do not call or communicate with any third party acquaintance of mine per section 805(b)2 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

According to the FDCPA’s federal guidelines, I understand that once you receive this letter, you may only contact me to inform me that you:

are terminating further collection efforts
are invoking specified remedies that are ordinarily invoked by you or your company
intend to invoke a specified remedy.

Be advised that I am aware of my rights, and that I am keeping records of all correspondence and communication from you and your company, including tape recording all phone calls. If you continue calling me, I will pursue all available legal actions to stop you from harassing me and my family.

Your Printed Name



Today's Date
Your Name
Your Address
You Loan Number

Collector's Name
Collector's Address

Dear Debt Collector, (Insert Name)

Pursuant to my rights under Section 805(c) of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), I am requesting that you Cease and Desist all phone communication with me, as well as my family and friends, in relation to this and all other alleged debts you claim I owe. This includes phone calls to my home, cell phone or place of employment. All communications should be made via postal mail.

If you do attempt to communicate with me regarding this debt for ANY OTHER REASON beyond those specifically enumerated exceptions in 805(c), such a violation will be seen as an INTENTIONAL VIOLATION of my rights under the FDCPA and Wells Fargo & Co. will be civilly liable for those violations under Section 813 of the FDCPA.

If pressed, I will be forced to pursue legal action against you for actual and statutory damages. In addition, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the (Your state) Attorney General’s office.