Ditech / Greentree / Hsbc 2nd Nightmare

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
@strollingastronomer I didn't forget about you, just needed some time. What I would do is -- find a online template for a sworn statement, and prepare a personal statement with as much information as you can remember. I'm talking phone numbers, dates, names, addresses, company names, dollar amounts -- anything, and everything you can remember. Parts you do not - you can say something along the lines of "approximately Mid-July", "around July 12, 2009" or "approximately $2,000". You get this form notarized, and signed under perjury, and it adds a lot of credibility to the situation.

Afterwards, I would send them a letter requesting a full accounting of the loan, and a request for information on what was done with the proceeds you sent. Were they applied to Principle & Interest? Arrears? Escrow?
You also mention that you were under the impression that this amount was to be used for a full account settlement.

It may seem like a waste of your time, I think this will be very helpful in negotiating a settlement. It's an extra hand to play.

strollingastronomer

LoanSafe Member
Apr 30, 2012
thanks. hopefully I can get this figured out. I see these stories of hundreds of thousands of dollars getting extinguished that are not underwater, so I hope my measly 29k gets wiped finally... I had already sent them a letter telling them I had no proof per se, and I just wanted to reach and new settlement agreement in writing. somewhere close to holding my breath, but still living.

strollingastronomer

LoanSafe Member
Apr 30, 2012
I happened to check the county recorder site and see about a month ago they did an assignment of mortgage to ditech... is this indicative of them doing something finally? any thoughts/ideas on this?

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
I had an old HSBC HELOC. HSBC sold my HELOC to Greentree (changed to Ditech) Greentree then Ditech sent me a few collection letters. I sent them a QWR letter, asked for Copy of the note. Greentree sent me a copy of the note with a fabricated indorsement. I pointed out to them how it was a forge indorsement and challenged them to sue me. Never heard from them again. If they recorded an assignment. Maybe they are loking at non-judicial foreclosure, abeit based on a fraudulent assignment.