Ditech Customers Pls Read

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

whiteface

LoanSafe Member
Jun 29, 2011
Attention all Ditech customers, especially if you have auto-pay set in place. Ditech converted over 1.4 million loans to their new platform Black Knight. Because I have ZERO trust in Ditech, who is basically Greentree under a new name, I check my loan payment from start to finish every month and probably will for the next 30 days.

Why you might ask?

Because I am one of the victims of BOA losing paperwork, modification approved and denied and so on. I noticed my payment missing this month and was not pulled from my account. Notified Ditech who said "oh a letter was mailed advising we are on a new system and you need to redo your autopay". I was beside myself with frustration, so I made a payment over the phone on 4/26.

Today is 5/9 and payment STILL HAS NOT BEEN APPLIED! The CSR put the payment to principle NOT the payment and through no fault of mine, a of right now my loan is past due, yet the money has been there since 4/23. Because I care a lot for this forum I am posting this in the event any of you reading this might fall victim to this. The internet is on fire, $63 million dollars in fines wasn't enough apparently for GT to get things right.

FYI your account number has changed, they only tell you that when you call and ask them about how this conversation to Black Knight will affect you. I was promised, just as I have been for 9 business days now in a row my account will be fixed. Stay tuned and please share. I have sent them written notice by certified mail and demand a reply. I have also emailed my Senator, Real Estate Commissioner and the CFPB advising them of this "practice".

DITECH CONVERTS 1.4 MILLION CUSTOMERS TO BLACK KNIGHT’S LOANSPHERE MSP SERVICING SYSTEM

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Thanks for sharing and keeping other people educated about their shenanigans. If they don't fix it, keep after them and sue them if needed be.

whiteface

LoanSafe Member
Jun 29, 2011
Attention all Ditech customers, especially if you have auto-pay set in place. Ditech converted over 1.4 million loans to their new platform Black Knight. Because I have ZERO trust in Ditech, who is basically Greentree under a new name, I check my loan payment from start to finish every month and probably will for the next 30 days.

Why you might ask?

Because I am one of the victims of BOA losing paperwork, modification approved and denied and so on. I noticed my payment missing this month and was not pulled from my account. Notified Ditech who said "oh a letter was mailed advising we are on a new system and you need to redo your autopay". I was beside myself with frustration, so I made a payment over the phone on 4/26.

Today is 5/9 and payment STILL HAS NOT BEEN APPLIED! The CSR put the payment to principle NOT the payment and through no fault of mine, a of right now my loan is past due, yet the money has been there since 4/23. Because I care a lot for this forum I am posting this in the event any of you reading this might fall victim to this. The internet is on fire, $63 million dollars in fines wasn't enough apparently for GT to get things right.

FYI your account number has changed, they only tell you that when you call and ask them about how this conversation to Black Knight will affect you. I was promised, just as I have been for 9 business days now in a row my account will be fixed. Stay tuned and please share. I have sent them written notice by certified mail and demand a reply. I have also emailed my Senator, Real Estate Commissioner and the CFPB advising them of this "practice".

DITECH CONVERTS 1.4 MILLION CUSTOMERS TO BLACK KNIGHT’S LOANSPHERE MSP SERVICING SYSTEM
Does anyone here have a contact besides Consumer Financial Protection Bureau where to call or write a complaint against Ditech? I paid my payment on time and TWICE they have misapplied the funds to principle instead of interest. The July payment was processed by a supervisor and was applied incorrectly. I appreciate any help, thank you.

Reactions: delta97

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
You can send it to HUD>

Filing a RESPA complaint

Persons who believe a settlement service provider has violated RESPA in an area in which the Department has enforcement authority (primarily sections 6, 8 and 9), may wish to file a complaint. The complaint should outline the violation and identify the violators by name, address and phone number. Complainants should also provide their own name and phone number for follow up questions from HUD. Requests for confidentiality will be honored. Complaints should be sent to:

Director, Office of RESPA and Interstate Land Sales
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Room 9154
451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20410
Email
Phone: (202) 708-0502

Reactions: whiteface

whiteface

LoanSafe Member
Jun 29, 2011
Thank you so much for the information I am going to file a complaint and just as an update Ditech deducted my house payment twice from my checking account which put me into overdraft . I just can't understand after all the billions of dollars in fines that were paid that they can still do this to customers

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
You are welcome. I agree, but they seem to make so much money doing this BS that these fines do little to deter these nefarious and illegal activities.

For example, this week the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) reported that many mortgage servicers are using outdated or deficient technology, resulting in technological breakdowns or malfunctions that are adversely affecting homeowners and violating CFPB rules that went into effect in January 2014.

CFPB investigators found that mortgage servicers using bad computer systems is causing loan modification notices to be sent late, and notices containing incorrect or deceptive information. Homeowners are also getting the runaround from servicers by not honoring a modification that was already in place.

delta97

LoanSafe Member
Sep 5, 2010

Why you might ask?

Do you have any problems with Ditech regarding payments even today? Because I do. I was told by Ditech that since they upgraded their website all payments went to principal for all customers. My payment from May went into principal and up to this date has not been reallocated. My account shows as a defaulted one. I paid my July payment on June 15 - it went to unappli

Why you might ask?

Do you still have any problems with Ditech regarding payments? I was told by Ditech that since they upgraded their website all payments went to principal for all customers. My payment from May went into principal and up to this date has not been reallocated. My account shows as a defaulted one. And my July payment went to Unapplied funds and later posted towards my June payment with a later date which is totally wrong . I filed complaints with Attorney General and my investor.

delta97

LoanSafe Member
Sep 5, 2010
Does anyone here have a contact besides Consumer Financial Protection Bureau where to call or write a complaint against Ditech? I paid my payment on time and TWICE they have misapplied the funds to principle instead of interest. The July payment was processed by a supervisor and was applied incorrectly. I appreciate any help, thank you.
Do you still have any problems with Ditech regarding payments? I was told by Ditech that since they upgraded their website all payments went to principal for all customers. My payment from May went into principal and up to this date has not been reallocated. My account shows as a defaulted one. And my July payment went to Unapplied funds and later posted towards my June payment with a later date which is totally wrong . I filed complaints with Attorney General and my investor.

Reactions: whiteface

delta97

LoanSafe Member
Sep 5, 2010
Thank you so much for the information I am going to file a complaint and just as an update Ditech deducted my house payment twice from my checking account which put me into overdraft . I just can't understand after all the billions of dollars in fines that were paid that they can still do this to customers
I cancelled autopay.

mrsjohnson

LoanSafe Member
Sep 9, 2015
You can file with the CFPB but it will not do you as much good in getting things done as a QWR under RESPA for which you can sue. Learn QWRs and use them like a sword to take them down.

Melvis2222

LoanSafe Member
Jun 10, 2015
You can file with the CFPB but it will not do you as much good in getting things done as a QWR under RESPA for which you can sue. Learn QWRs and use them like a sword to take them down.[/QUOTE

I am also dealing with Dietech, they have $900 of my $ sitting in a "suspense funds" account supposedly because they say I was short on my monthly payment. They have increased my escrow account over $300 each month, putting my monthly payment out of reach of my budget to purposely push me into foreclosure. I filed complaints with our AG who did NOTHING but tell me Dietech's response was sufficient to show them nothing was done illegally. I was not allowed to respond to Dietech's response, which was mostly BS! I won't go into all the details here, but it appears that our government is again allowing the wallstreet fraudsters to steal homes out from under home owners without any oversight whatsoever!
If you find anyone that is taking them on, like a class action lawsuit or otherwise, please let me know too! I have all the documents and will join the suit immediately!

Naomi4876

LoanSafe Member
Mar 5, 2017

Why you might ask?

Naomi4876

LoanSafe Member
Mar 5, 2017
Same thing is happening to me. I paid online June 11nth. They claim I haven't paid. BUT still has not posted. I sent them my confirm#, waiting to hear from them again. I don't trust them, so will not do auto pay. This company simply is outrageous. I am so sick of them.

whiteface

LoanSafe Member
Jun 29, 2011
Attention Ditech Customers - I received notice today Ditech sold the rights to service my Ditech loan to New Residential Mortgage LLC but Ditech will continue to accept payments for them and service my loan. Interesting....

delta97

LoanSafe Member
Sep 5, 2010
Attention Ditech Customers - I received notice today Ditech sold the rights to service my Ditech loan to New Residential Mortgage LLC but Ditech will continue to accept payments for them and service my loan. Interesting....
Citi Group also sold all its loans to the same company. Happens all the time.

Naomi4876

LoanSafe Member
Mar 5, 2017
Citi Group also sold all its loans to the same company. Happens all the time.
I am an elderly lady. I went thru a local person, in 2006, for a loan. Assumed an honest man. Shunted thru Homecoming in North Carolina, then GMAC< Greentree, then Ditech. Original loan was $27,000. After nearly 12 years, and payments $250.00+ a month, still show nearly $24,000. I hate to think the rest of whatever years I may have left must be tied to this Debt Collector(that's is what they call themselves). Yet I started with fairly good credit. Am now, after some added problems am facing Bankruptcy. Is there a chance this may free me from this greedy company? Thanks, Naomi.

mrsjohnson

LoanSafe Member
Sep 9, 2015
If you send the a Qualified Written Request (QWR) under RESPA, they have a legal obligation to respond and to respond timely and accurately. I can't assure you that they will do that but I can say have a legal obligation to. If they do not respond, then you can sue them for violations under RESPA. Please google the following statues and read them. it Might take a few times. QWR _ 12 U.S. Code § 2605 - Servicing of mortgage loans and administration of escrow accounts. (RFI) 12 CFR 1024.36 - Requests for information and NOE 12 CFR 1024.35 - Error resolution procedures. ALWAYS use this address when mailing, it is their dedicated address for Qualified Written Requests:
Ditech Financial LLC
PO Box 6176
Rapid City, SD 57709-6176