Deutsche Bank Settlement: Was Your Loan Securitized By Db?

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

anna17

LoanSafe Member
Nov 11, 2009
This could be good news for some of us,

I have a Countrywide loan, sold to Bank of America, then servicing rights sold to Nationstar. According to the MERS website, HSBC is the "investor," though I assume that actually means "trustee for the investors." I am pretty sure my loan was securitized by Deutsche bank. They bundled many of the trusts originated by Countrywide. If you were not one of the loans affected by the Bank of America settlement, there's a good chance you could benefit through this settlement. The Deutsche trusts were among those that Bank of America sent off to Nationstar.

The details are still being worked out, but you can read more information here.
https://deutschebankmortgagemonitor.com/about-the-settlement/

anna17

LoanSafe Member
Nov 11, 2009
Hi Moe or other moderators:
I hope you'll spread the word about this settlement because it has the potential for benefitting a lot of folks here (including me, I hope). Some of those people might not even be aware that the settlement pertains to them because you aren't generally told much about your loan other than who is servicing it. Many people with Countrywide loans who were sold to Bank of America and then to Nationstar have loans that were put into Deutsche trusts. And many of these people were foreclosed on or denied modifications.

I think this settlement is very big news because help or compensation may be on its way for many, in particular the former Bank of America customers who missed out on the BofA settlement a few years ago because they were sold off to Nationstar.

brokeninbellevue

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2013
Hi Moe or other moderators:
I hope you'll spread the word about this settlement because it has the potential for benefitting a lot of folks here (including me, I hope). Some of those people might not even be aware that the settlement pertains to them because you aren't generally told much about your loan other than who is servicing it. Many people with Countrywide loans who were sold to Bank of America and then to Nationstar have loans that were put into Deutsche trusts. And many of these people were foreclosed on or denied modifications.

I think this settlement is very big news because help or compensation may be on its way for many, in particular the former Bank of America customers who missed out on the BofA settlement a few years ago because they were sold off to Nationstar.
My families home loan is in this exact scenario. This month we received two modification denials from Nationstar and our loan trustee is Deutsche. I am about to send yet another appeal to them today. Do any of the moderators advise that we send an appeal directly to Deutsche Bank or perhaps Michael Bresnick, the independent monitor? We had been working with a housing counselor (who is overwhelmed with clients) and she said that Nationstar has been denying every loan mod and will do so a third time even if we get to the point of mediation. For this go-around, I've decided to try and deal with N* directly.