Chase took away my loan mod

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

jeff6898

LoanSafe Member
Jan 4, 2008
Wow after a year I am still going around with Wamu/Chase I did the trial period mod and they sent a second packet modification which I filled out and got a letter dated Novemver 10th saying approved with new terms. So I am thinking all is good got me a affordable payment starting January 1. Yesterday in the mail got a letter dated NOv. 25th saying saying the trial plan offer has expired due to not doing whjat was required during the disignated time period. So I been calling and here is whats happening. This is the email I sent to chase

I got and signed a loan mod and thought all was well. NOw I recieve a letter saying it has been cancelled. The letter said to call 866-550-5705 asap to see about a work out option. I was on hold for 1 hour 14 minutes before somone answered and said I need to call 866-316-9218 ext 52195 after over an hour on hold was told they had nothing on me that I wsn't in the system. So I called the 1st number back wait another hour then was told to call the same number again and try with out an extension. I did usual;ly wait time and was told ny this person to call 800-348-9380 another hour wait and this time was told they couldn't ansewr and I needed to call 866-244-1406 waited 1 hour 31 minutes and was told to call the 800-848-9380 number again who in turned said call 866-316-9218 ext 52195. This is frustrating all these differant numbers and I just keep getting passed around. PLease give me a good number whee I can get answers and not wait an hour just to be passed off.

Still can't get an answer. So I will give them a choice go through with the mod or take the home, I will file Chapter 7 and they get nothing. I owe $179,000 with all there crazy fees. HOme just appraied for $112,000 guess due to the economy.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hi jeff6898,

I got and signed a loan mod and thought all was well. NOw I recieve a letter saying it has been cancelled. The letter said to call 866-550-5705 asap to see about a work out option. I was on hold for 1 hour 14 minutes before somone answered and said I need to call 866-316-9218 ext 52195 after over an hour on hold was told they had nothing on me that I wsn't in the system. So I called the 1st number back wait another hour then was told to call the same number again and try with out an extension. I did usual;ly wait time and was told ny this person to call 800-348-9380 another hour wait and this time was told they couldn't ansewr and I needed to call 866-244-1406 waited 1 hour 31 minutes and was told to call the 800-848-9380 number again who in turned said call 866-316-9218 ext 52195. This is frustrating all these differant numbers and I just keep getting passed around. PLease give me a good number whee I can get answers and not wait an hour just to be passed off.

Still can't get an answer. So I will give them a choice go through with the mod or take the home, I will file Chapter 7 and they get nothing. I owe $179,000 with all there crazy fees. HOme just appraied for $112,000 guess due to the economy.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-2956094267214161";/* 336x280 FORUM POSTS, created 9/10/09 */google_ad_slot = "8918279537";google_ad_width = 336;google_ad_height = 280;//--> </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>
Wow that is insane that they just pass you back and forth between depts and some of them tell you they do not even have you in their systems... This just proves how unorganized chase really is. Try calling the loss mitigation number and emailing the CEO of Chase right away to let them know what has happened:

Chase 800-935-9935

CEO in executive office at chase
Jamie Dimon jamie[email protected]<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

jeff6898

LoanSafe Member
Jan 4, 2008
Ok I emailed Mr. Dimon and with in 30 minutes recieved 2 calls. ONe was from a lady named Angie Ackerman in Missouri the other from a lady named Josephine out of Texas. I explained the situation and they both were very apologetic about the run around.
They explained that the trial modification is very strict and since I was late on the 3rd payment they had take away my permanent loan mod. She said it was a mistake approving me for the modification, as they didn't realize until afterwards that I messed up in the trial plan offer. She said she doesn't think they can do anything as "Obama made the plan clear and they had to follow it.". She is supposed to call me back by 5:00 today with a definate answer if there is anything else they can do for me to stay in the home.

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
I quite frankly think they'd better make an exception and believe it absolute BS - pardon me - that they "had to follow it" to the letter because they are NOT following the plan to the letter in so many instances that are written about throughout this forum. I think you are quite right with the Chapt 7 stick to waive in their faces.

darkdays

LoanSafe Member
Oct 10, 2009
How late were you on the 3rd payment? I think there is something in one of the supplements or the lenders checklists on www.hmpadmin.com that says they can accept the payment as long as received by the end of the month and your permanent mod would not start on month 4 but would start on month 5.

BadBobMo

LoanSafe Member
Feb 15, 2008
that says they can accept the payment as long as received by the end of the month and your permanent mod would not start on month 4 but would start on month 5.
This BS has to stop darkdays is right beside they can also give you a in house at the same terms.
It's All Greed!

I'd also really like to know how late your payment was. We're in our six month of trial, we had one late payment, but it was before the 15th. also, today's the first and it may be several more days before a check clears and we can pay.

litehouse01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 12, 2009
By the Beautiful Cheasapeake Bay
Yes... how late were you and did you call them at that time and advise them you were going to be late with the 3rd payment?? and if so what did they say did you make note of who you spoke to? Also inquire about an inhouse mod and see what they say?

Re: Pay by the end of the month & you fulfill mod...

I just looked up the Hamp Administrator Guidelines and in the FAQ: the only way you can fail a temporary modification due to lateness is if you go beyond the last day of the month it was due.

In fact, you still qualify for the on-time payment incentives, even if you always pay the last possible day.

I wonder if Chase is snowing you about that being the reason you failed. :confused:

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
OF COURSE they are snowing her. Though there is a pretty good chance they just don't know. They haven't completed that many trial mods so they are still newbies at this :cool:.

If they do come back and deny, and if you paid that payment before the end of the next month, come back at them with the guidelines. They may need a bit o edgucation. ;)

snapple candy

LoanSafe Member
Feb 25, 2009
Yep, thats right brasscupcakes. You have until the end of the month. I was told this back in May when I got my trial mod papers 2 days before the first payment was due. No way did I ever make my payments on the 1st. Always around the 15th and a few later than that. No one has told me this horsecrp.

art4ari

LoanSafe Member
Aug 11, 2009
At least you got a response. I didnt. I got a mod with all the wrong information and still nobody has called me o contact me back... They told me today they have used up all my trial payments to collect late fees and whatnot..

M

mark_mo_d_master

I got a mod with all the wrong information and still nobody has called me o contact me back... They told me today they have used up all my trial payments to collect late fees and whatnot..
Whoa, that sounds off. That they used the trial payments to collect late fees. If you missed payments they may use what you paid for those late fees, but just using them without any real reason seems odd.

darkdays

LoanSafe Member
Oct 10, 2009
That seems very odd. Once the trial is final, all late fees are suppose to be waived! They can't make the late fees go away now so that they don't have to waive them. You have to be able to get in touch with someone if you have a modification in hand. What information was wrong? You have to get it corrected ASAP before they claim they gave you a modification and you didn't accept it (failure to return). You're being scammed.

snapple candy

LoanSafe Member
Feb 25, 2009
darkdays,
I suspect this is one of the motives lenders now quickly giving in-house mods instead of HAMP. They dont have to waive the late fees. I am sure they dont have to do alot more since it wouldnt be under the scrutiny of TARP.

Its in their best interest to move you quickly at this point from denial of HAMP to in-house so they can keep those payments coming in.

art4, dont expect anyone to call you back. YOu need to call them, and call them, and call them. Be tenacious.

darkdays

LoanSafe Member
Oct 10, 2009
snapple candy you are right. The motives are becoming clearer and clearer. No paperwork to deal with for 5 years. Forget the $5,000 incentive the bank will get the late fees total more than that on many of the loans that are way past due! I wish my bank would use and abuse me that way real soon :) Especially with the same terms as a HAMP.

jeff6898

LoanSafe Member
Jan 4, 2008
To update the situation. Got a call this morning from Josephine at Chase. SHe said she found out the problem and this was it:
When I got my trial plan mod paperwork it had on it that they needed the paper work signed and sent back with a contribution payment of $865 by the 1oth of the month. I sent the paper work in early on the 1st then paid them the money on the 8th. She said since it wasn't sent at the same time as the paper work as stated the money I sent was considered a payment and not a contribution. So bottom line if I sent it with the paper work instead of seperate they would honor the permanent modification, but since it was seperate they can't do it becuase they are saying I didn't contribute the $865 it was a payment which is differant. WOW anyone elses head spinning lol ?

art4ari

LoanSafe Member
Aug 11, 2009
darkdays,
I suspect this is one of the motives lenders now quickly giving in-house mods instead of HAMP. They dont have to waive the late fees. I am sure they dont have to do alot more since it wouldnt be under the scrutiny of TARP.

Its in their best interest to move you quickly at this point from denial of HAMP to in-house so they can keep those payments coming in.

art4, dont expect anyone to call you back. YOu need to call them, and call them, and call them. Be tenacious.

Yes, I have been calling but none can tell me anything.. its jus a "take it or leave it"

I wll file a complaint here

Help and Frequently Asked Questions about National Banks from OCC's HelpWithMyBank.gov

art4ari

LoanSafe Member
Aug 11, 2009
That seems very odd. Once the trial is final, all late fees are suppose to be waived! They can't make the late fees go away now so that they don't have to waive them. You have to be able to get in touch with someone if you have a modification in hand. What information was wrong? You have to get it corrected ASAP before they claim they gave you a modification and you didn't accept it (failure to return). You're being scammed.
Yes I have been scammed.. now not even jamie dimon would return my emails. I have called over and over, i spoke to the negotiator and told me that was it... nothing can be done once the mod is issued and sent. NObody can answer anything about my HAMP, its not even on file for the reps to see... they just dont see that in the computer anymore... it was there for the past 6 months as a HAMP as I was told everytime I called.. all of a sudden there is no record...

I will file my complaint here before I walk away

File a Complaint about a National Bank

art4ari

LoanSafe Member
Aug 11, 2009
ah one more thing... my property taxes are lower now by half form 400 to 200 a month.

but CHASE wants me to pay the highest tax for the rest of the loan at 485!!! I dont even get a break from the city property tax