Chase HELOC

Vinnie

LoanSafe Member
Jan 12, 2018
Hi all,
Looking for advice here.
I have a home currently valued on Redfin at 260k. My loan is down to 240k and HELOC with chase is 22k. I last paid on the HELOC (2nd) in 2010. My home was underwater. I paid a shady guy who since passed to modify my mortgage. It’s a non Gov mod. That wasn’t too good. I received a 40 year mortgage at 4%. I’ll handle that by paying extra. My 2nd now was given to 5 lakes agency from Chase a few years ago. Dealt with them last week and asked for a settlement to pay less. They contacted chase and chase released my Lien. Not sure how or why. I’m trying to negotiate with them. What are my options or what coarse do I follow? It’s 22k (I assume). In 2009 I went through bk13 and the mortgages were left out. At that time I was current. I live in Illinois, if that matters. I just was trying to settle the 2nd so I don’t have to

Vinnie

LoanSafe Member
Jan 12, 2018
Located in Illinois, first mortgage is current. Looking for guidance. Not sure if they will release debt, settle it or come after me for the full balance.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
What do you mean by - Chase released the lien? If they "released" the lien on the property, then you no longer owe any money.

Vinnie

LoanSafe Member
Jan 12, 2018
What do you mean by - Chase released the lien? If they "released" the lien on the property, then you no longer owe any money.
Well, supposedly they did. They claim it’s a regular loan now. I’m going to assume I won’t have a lien. The county website is beyond slow, I can’t get info about it. I hope this is finally done. They have my original lender listed and that has changed. They listed chase still, but on chases end there is nothing. I haven’t received anything from chase either. It’s very vague.
Anyone else experience anything remotely close?

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
That's not exactly normal, but who knows. You need to either physically make a trip to your counties recording office (take $20 with you for printouts) or... force your way through the website.

Don't search for your lenders name, search your original name used in the recording. Usually.. you'll see a mortgage document like "Countrywide Home Loans, Inc" or... "Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems"... click on the images for those, and see if a "cancellation" or "related document" or recording has been made.

There should also be some sort of feature to search by recorded date, if the 1st method doesn't work, look at everything recorded with your name, and see if a "satisfaction of mortgage" or "deed of trust release" has been made.

If Not - you still have a lien.